Kids free at dublin zoo this weekend!!

Home Forums National Chat Kids free at dublin zoo this weekend!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    snowdrop

For one weekend only, the Zoo is offering free entry to all red haired children* and any child who arrives at the Zoo dressed as an orang utan** to drive awareness surrounding the endangered orang utans in the wild.

*The Zoo welcomes any type of red haired child under 16 years of age for free to the Zoo this weekend.

** Orang utan fancy dress can include anything from an orang utan suit, a red haired wig or red/orange item of clothing such as jumper, trousers or coat. All you need to do is make an effort on the day!

Taylor5

Great idea…. itwill be like a clip from Catherine Tate all the gingers together 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 (anyone who watches the programme will know what im talking about)

It will be manic…. might give it a miss

snowdrop

😆 😆 😆 😆 :lol 😆 😆 😆

I can see it now!

Taylor5

Massive back lash from parents with red haired kids!! 😯 Didnt see that one coming, i just seen the light side to it…. but then i dont have red haired kids, maybe i’d feel different if i did

Jedt
    Keymaster

My sister and niece are red haired, my sis got teased enormously as a child (she was tormented in school with red-haired nicknames) but now, as a woman she is gorgeous and other women pay to try and get the hair like hers – so reckon she got the last laugh!

Can understand why some people might not like to be compared to an orangutan though..

Taylor5

I know when you look at most of the stunning models or pop stars alot are stunning red heads

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a little red haired child. It was amazing when he was born, as my other children are brown, mousey colour. It took me by suprise. 😀 The nurse said ‘oh, he’s red head’. My face dropped and she quickly said ‘ I mean a strawberry blonde’ 😆 but my face had dropped as I was genuinely shocked at his colouring as no-one else near us had this hair colour. But have to say 😀 I really love his hair colour and it suits him so much. I couldn’t imagine him being blonde or brown now. He stands out in a lovely way. People do comment on his hair in a lovely way. I know some people still tease people with red hair 🙄 and I don’t get it. I know ‘ginger’ can be a term used that is not meant in a nice way but my girlscall him our little ginger in the most affectionate way. It was embarassing though when I was in the playpark one day and his older brother said to someone ‘You have a ginger too, my brother is a ginger’ 😳 I wasn’t sure how they would take it.

Taylor5

You have a ginger too 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 Love it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.