Keeping "our" beaches clean and safe!

Home Forums Louth Chat Keeping "our" beaches clean and safe!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Hi all,

It was a lovely day today and I noticed many more families on the beach than usual…..so it reminded me of how it is in the summer……. :D

We all know that there is lots of rubbish left behind and broken glass etc…..but do we moan about it and do nothing or do we all do our bit??

I have been doing my bit all winter, if I see a glass bottle I pick it up and take it home to dispose of safely……broken glass……I try my best to clear as much as possible……every so often myself and Dh go down with a black sack and do a bit of "wombleling"…….where I go each day there is definately a lot less broken glass than there ever used to be…….. :)

If we all did a little bit it would make the beach a much safer place for us all to enjoy it……so next time you find some broken glass or better still an unbroken bottle, why not do your bit…….it may not of been you that left it but if you had seen my Ds last year pick up an awful jagged piece of glass that he had dug up with his spade……..and he is just one of hundreds of our children who play on the beach…..and come the summer many children will be running around barefoot……… :(

Moonflower

Moonflower

I forgot to say, that the coast warden does clear rubbish and if you do collect a bag of rubbish from the beach and leave it by one of the barriers to the beach, she will collect it most days……

But it is the broken glass that is my concern…..and no one person could ever clear all the broken glass but as I said if we all did our bit it would make it safer……….

Sweetpea

Here Here Moonflower, wish there was more like you out there 😕 😕 😕

Taylor5

Thats a great idea, will bring a bag the next time I go….. there are alot of filthy feckers out there. I seen a woman (she was rough Dublin accent) in a 07D reg lexuis change here babys dirty nappy and chuck it out the door then drive off, this was at the parking area on bettystown beach

Moonflower

oh thats terrible Taylor…..the young teenagers you can expect it, its all about being a rebellious teenager but a mother!!! the amount of nappies that are thrown just anywhere down the beach is unbelievable……

while we are on this subject there is a seal being released on Bettystown beach today bewteen 11 and 12 this morning…..I may go down with DS as i think it would be lovely to see……

We occasionally see seals in the estuary and the seem to be fascinated by us….one day Ds was doing his usual throwing stones into water and a seal came up just feet away from him and was just looking at him…….ahhhh

munchin
    Participant

god taylor thats rotten thing for someone to do
    haven’t been to the beaches that way in ages – intend to try this summer as missy will be able to enjoy – but not if there’s as much broken glass as i’m hearing!

Taylor5

Moonflower that sounds great, hope you got to go. I cant as Im busy with the potty only startod on Monday and its been hit and miss since…. well more miss then hit really 😆 😆 😆 😆

Moonflower

didnt go in the end,ended up going to argillian instead……..oh Potty….i am soooo not looking forward to that stage….hope it gets better for you soon…..

joey_rudd

i’m really behind in getting the training started, i just don’t have the time to devote to it at the moment, i know that a bad excuse, i should ask my sister for tips her children are around the same age as mine

Moonflower

well i have started using pull ups on DS at night….they are more absorbant but have been using for a couple of weeks now and occasionally would get a poo…..and have to pull them down and they made a mess all down his legs and i thought these are no good…..then a friend pointed out all i need to do is rip the sides 😳 😳 so what hope is there for me with the potty training!!! 😆

joey_rudd

its all a learning process

Taylor5

Moonflower my sister was using pull ups on her ds2 before she figured out you ripped the sides 😆 😆 😆 So your not alone. Oh ardgillian sounds great, do you bring the dog with you?
    Moonflower off the topic for the beach and potties, do you have your dogs chipped? if so how much does it cost? would break my heart if dottie went missng and we couldnt find her. Even if killed at least you have a chance of getting a body back.

Oh lidl do pull up pants 20 for 6 euro, dont know how that is too other brands butI thought that was cheap

Moonflower

Hi taylor, just making some soup!! had some veg to use up…but popped on here quick so had better be quick…….will probably still be on here in an hour

Not too sure about microchipping, dont think it is too expensive…..i asked before and wasnt too shocked so definately worth it for a young dog…….all charities and pounds check for microchips now so very good idea…

cant use Lidl’s nappies anymore they are not big enough for Ds, tried last year there no 5 and leaked all the time but the smaller sizes were great and much cheaper and as good as pampers….not sure about pull ups, may try them…..i got a few packs when Dunnes had an offer on

Joey….you must be on a super quick learning process…with your three 🙂 not much time to learn just have to get on with it……

Moonflower

Yuck yuck yuck…..word of advice for anyone making soup….if you leave it to go cold before liquidising and tasting its so so yucky….will probbaly end up throwing away now….I just can’t bear to taste any more of it….I am not the best at any sort of cooking but have just learnt another important lesson….

joey_rudd

i’ve a list of things to get done with the children before the years out, i’ll be busy…just trying to get D of her dummy, going ok (so far) next week she goes into her new big girl bed

Aldi have size 5 nappies there ok i use them when i get up to do the shopping there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.