Kangaroo Klub

Home Forums National Chat Kangaroo Klub

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me where this is in Drogheda and what they do for kids parties?

thanks

Jedt
    Keymaster

we went to a party there last year and was not overly impressed tbh. prefer PJ’s playcentre in Balbriggan, they give you a hostess who looks after the children for the duration of the party. the kids get into the play area for an hour, they each get to ride on the go karts and then head upstairs for disco, food & cake and they all get a goody bag on the way home.

it means no mess in your house and kids are happy, fed and get goody bags. I think its great in there, we have had a few of our kids parties there, defo recommend.

kjmam

although not as good as pjs its still not bad had a couple of parties there its up at donore rd indust estate up the rd that honda dealer is on. prices very reasonable only thing is the kids just get party food with sandwiches rather then hot food. they do face painting or laser dome parties kids love it

munchin
    Participant

i haven’t been at a party here but my little one was at one 2 weeks ago, has another there tomorrow and another following week 🙄 I know it’s PArty food – but sure where did the carry on of having hot food at a childrens party start – i know as a child we never had hot food at a party – my little one is not overly keen on play centres but loved the face painting party there and is begging me to ask for some invites so she can have her next party there………….in November 😆 😆

btw from what i saw the Party food consisted of popcorn, sandwiches, custard creams, rice crispie cakes and a few other bits and bobs, they had this in a small party room with a girl who played party games & dancing with them pretty much like other playcentres…….. the room was quiet small but kids where happy

MaryE

Never been to a party there but the party games sounds like fun, i havent seen that at other play centres.

We are big fans of Astro tots parties.

Tbh, i think the hot food is a waste, most of it goes in the bin, its rubbish anyway always chips & something. I think at the parties the kids are a little over excited & eat very little. My ds isnt a huge fan of chips, so never really eats the food, might pick at the nuggets or pizza but thats about it. I have started giving him his dinner before we go, he loves stews or pasta.

Sure as kids we always just had party food at parties.

mammycool
    Participant

Thanks ladies.

I actually booked Funtasia online – ds went in for a play and then just had to have it. He was very impressed with the slide. I was going to book Fun Galaxy in Ashbourne but then Funtasia seemed to have a lot more for the same price. Also, by booking online, he also gets a character to meet and greet them in the party room, a glitter tattoo and something else(cannot think what it was!).

He has also been invite to a Lazer party the day before in the Kangaroo Klub – is this like quaser? He will only be 5 and is not fond of the dark.

Taylor5

I think funtasia bettystown have an online offer at the moment, you can book your party now for 8.95 per person and valid until end of the year… im thinking of booking and paying for ds1’s party now

mammycool
    Participant

Arrrgh – I just spent 14.95 on the one in Drogheda! ds appears to be inviting everone he comes across too.

munchin
    Participant

mammycool my dd is going to a laser party in kangaroo club this afternoon so i will let you know what it’s like – i’m not altogether sure that my dd will do the Laser part but we’ll see

munchin
    Participant

Mammycool dd just back and she loved it. It is a dark room but she said 2 or 3 didn’t want to go in and just stayed in play area.

Taylor5

My ds loves the lazer area so much, we went up one Sunday lunchtime i couldnt find him anywhere, we found him about 10mins later in the lazerzone at a party. The girl was so sorry she said he was playing with the gun outside and she said get in line, he said "im playing with the gun" She just said "you can play with that later we are going into the lazer zone now!" He did what he was told (for once) and went into the lazer area, the mammy of the child thought it was very funny 😆 😆 😆
    Everytime we go now he tried to sneak into the parties 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.