Joys of the 3rd trimester….

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Joys of the 3rd trimester….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Ah, the joys of the 3rd trimester; heartburn, takes me 5 minutes to get off the couch, feeling like crying for absolutely no reason and can no longer sleep through the night!

Its amazing how much about pregnancy I forgot as soon as my babies were born. I guess I look back on it through Rose tinted glasses….we probably all do to a certain extent

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely Love being pregnant and am so grateful and am really enjoying it – just not the 5 trips to the loo during the night and the monumental effort it takes to roll over in bed due to my expanding belly (and rear :oops: ).

My husband says I should have a ‘beep beep’ noise, like a lorry does, when turning over so as to warn him! If he says that again I’ll sit on him and then he’ll be sorry!!!! :D

Moonflower

😆 😆 only laughing Sabbi as sure that will be me in a couple months….

it is funny how you forget though..i was so ill for first trimester had a job to get through days & thought to myself how do people do this again & again but now have completely forgotten that awful awful feeling & think oh yes I could do this again 🙂 ahh joys of 2nd trimester.. short lived i know….

scole1

oh sabbi and moonflower i so remember those days, oh feeling not in the best and also no control over emotions…..or anythign else

i used to cry at anything and everything….

you know we do forget, especially when you hold that precious baby in your arms…

i held a newborn the other day and i just melted if i could have robbed her i would have….lol…you look at them and think ya bugger you gave me so much pain when you were growing, made me loose my mind at times….but then you say you were worth every moment…

enjoy the time getting to grow your little ones….

i don’t fancy heading back that way but i cannot wait to get a snuggle with all the newborns…..(and handing them back) lol

lyn11

I am 17 weeks now and ever expanding. Trips to the loo becoming more frequent, but the worst thing is my new fear of sneezing…every time I do I leak. Yes I know those pelvic floor exercises are supposed to help but not so far. My Dh thinks its so funny but not me. Sabbi I too love being pregnant and would not trade it no matter what I have to go through but guess we all have our little moans along the way 🙂

Moonflower

thats brilliant lyn, you are now 17wks… 🙂

lyn11

Just found out this morning that I have been exposed to slapped cheek syndrome in the creche where I work. Have to go for bloods now to make sure I haven’t got it, it can affect the baby if I have. Just praying all Marks work on my immune system will stand to me, although still a bit scared. I dont have immunity to this so it is dangerous if I get it. Why cant things just go smoothly!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Try not to worry Lyn, these things happen. I had a chickenpox scare at 14 weeks, my mum was sure I had not had them as a child, went through days of worry because it would be dangerous for baby if I had not had it. I was really worried but thankfully, it all worked out and I did have it as a child.

Lets hope you are immune and all will be ok. x

lyn11

I have already had a blood test for this in my booking bloods so I know I have no immunity. Just praying now I havent caught it, although my gut tells me I am ok. I have worked in childcare for 14 years and never caught it. Anyway the hospital have signed me off work for the next 3 weeks to prevent further exposure..so off to clean my house.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Never mind cleaning the house – get yourself a gossipy magazine and put your feet up with a cuppa. Try not to worry. x

I had Braxton Hicks on and off for ages last night, could not get to sleep until after 2am, so will be putting my feet up with a book soon (not much good for anything else today!!)

Moonflower

oh Lyn, i am sure all will be ok but I would be same as you & be worried as well…like Sabbi says with the chicken pox scare..on my DS, i was in hospital in very early stages & shared a room with a woman who turned out to have TB so all the way through my 1st pregnancy I was being screened for TB with regular chest X rays…but all turned out ok in end….but was not nice to go through as you worry so much…as if u dont worry enough already..

will keep u in my thoughts & hope you soon get all clear.

lyn11

Got the all clear from the hospital today 🙂 So now I get to sit back and enjoy my 2 weeks off as doc says I cant go back to work until mid June. Might even get to a Mumstown meet up and meet a few of the people I have been chatting to over the past few months 😀 😀 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

yah! thats fab news, now you can relax and enjoy the lovely weather and long weekend.

So happy for you. We had a scare at 14 weeks and its terrifying, so its major peace of mind to get all clear.

Great news. x

Jedt
    Keymaster

and its finally happened….my wedding ring had to come off today, hands and feet a little bit swollen with the heat (and the size of me 😆 😆 )

Off in now to put feet up and watch Britain’s Got (very little) Talent!

Is it wrong to bribe my children to rub my feet for me???? Feel sorry for them but not enough not to ask them!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Lol!

pookie2

Hee hee.

Yip, there are disadvantages to having a bump. At one stage in mortification I had to ask my doc to check if I had a touch of thrush as I couldn’t see down there (no matter what I did), DH was away & there was no one else to ask!!

In case I forget what it was like I am remined at regular intervals as my older lad (4) plays pregnant mammy by stuffing teddies up his jumper, sticking his tummy out, putting his hand in the small of his back, waddling around & saying to his little brother, ‘Now you pick this up coz I can’t bend until the baby comes out…’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.