January Blues….anyone else?

Home Forums National Chat January Blues….anyone else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahhh, am a bit teary eyed here, had the kids all dressed and ready to head out the door to school when my 7 year old turned around and looked up at me and said to me ‘thanks for spending so much time with us and not working over Christmas Mammy!’ :)

She is so sweet at times and I barely did a tap of work for the past two weeks so we had a really lovely Christmas, did loads of nice things together as a family and had pajama days too, it was fab.

Was fierce hard pulling myself out of bed this morning to a dark, cold, wet morning. Yuk! Would like to crawl back under the duvet for the day tbh!

Anyone else feeling a bit blue today???

munchin
    Participant

ah not too bad – i was back last wendesday and with the other 3 still in bed when i left i found that pretty hard. The girls were chuffed going back this am – we’ve done lots of family things too over the break and finished of the hols by taking them to Tinkerbell and them came home and made ginger biscuits.
    We have a night away with friends this w/e and my sister has the 2 girls
    Then i’ll take the girls to the Drogheda Panto at the end of the month so with a few things to look forward to it’s not too bad. 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

Our girls loved that Tinkerbell movie, especially our 5 year old, she was amazed by it, she talked about it for ages.

My hubby took them to Rise of the guardians, they really liked that too and their grandad took the older two to Life of Pi, which they liked but did not love, may have been a bit too grown up for them!

Lots of DVD’s watched here over the Christmas too – Ice Age was a firm favourite of theirs. Not great for us but they were happy and thats main thing!

bubblesue

The weather this morning is appropriate to the blues feeling! 🙁

I’m going to make the most of this year and try to stay positive. I saw a lot over the Christmas break to make me realise how fortunate my life is as it is.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I went for a run yesterday with my daughters and am planning to get to a class at Labfitness tonight or tomorrow night. Exercise is so good for your body and also, your head – its great way to dust off the cobwebs and give yourself a boost. You always feel good afterwards.

I did alot of exercise last year once I stopped breastfeeding and I felt so great when Christmas came around and I was able to wear cute little dresses & even a pair of shorts with tights – that was a bit of a goal and I was chuffed when I was able to wear that.

As its the new year and a time of resolutions for many people, start as you mean to go on and keep it up and even if you have a bad few days or a bad week. Thats the key – if you have a bad few days or a bad week don’t give up!! We all fall off the wagon sometimes (I’ve already had a creme egg & takeaway this year!) but so what, I will still go to some classes by myself and get some exercise in with my children and thats what its all about – being consistent and determined and allowing yourself treats too.

Making it fun is also very important too – yesterday, when I was jogging along, baby was in her buggy (laughing her head off at me running) and my 7 & 5 year olds were on their bikes. We stopped for coffee and went to the playground too, so it was a trip out for the whole morning and we made it fun. The exercise was just a part of a morning out with my girls.

So if you can come up with ways to make it interesting and fun, that’s the way you’ll keep doing it!

munchin
    Participant

Sabbi i’ve started walking at home – went on new years day (about 4.5km) and went on sat (about 6.5km) and took my 6yr old with me and her scooter – she loved it – it even rained on us on sat and there wasn’t a whimper out of her – have to admit the time flew chatting to her as we went along.
    my only problem is leaving my 3.5yr old behind – she just wouldn’t be up to it i don’t think but oh my the tears both as we left and came home 🙄

Jedt
    Keymaster

Last year I took my then 8 & 6 year olds on the Operation Transformation walk in Newbridge farm, which was about 3.5km and they whizzed around and when it was over asked me ‘is that it mammy, can we do it again?’

I was great to have them involved, so this year when the walks come around again in assocaition with the show, we are taking the kids again. This time will bring our daughter, who is now 5. Left her home last year, was not sure she would be able for it but after the walking & cycling she has been doing with me, I think she’ll be grand!

Bet your two would love that munchin!

libby1
    Participant

Went back to work last Wednesday too.. Hubby was off he spent time with dd and ds, my sister was home over Christmas so we did a lot of family activities,
    Cinema – younger ones did Tinkerbell , older ones did Parental Guidance, We did Ice – Skating, went Shopping in Swords and went for lunch to Mi Casa. My sister did a Mexican Cooking evening, it was yum and the Adults had a night out..

We all did Goal Mile on Stephens Day.. It was great fun a real family activity.
    Last week , dh brought them to Melifont and Monasterboice Cross

It was yuch getting everyone up for School this morning..

We have a night out to look forward, we got Family night out voucher for West29 and Eastern Seaboard.

On a plus side – it wasn’t as dark when i was leaving work at 4:30pm

joeyrudd

didn’t get to do much over christmas, the kids all got sick then when they were over the worst i got sick but i plan to make up for it in 2 weeks, we will have our youngest turning 4yrs then the next day our oldest will turn 8yrs
    i can’t believe they are that old already

munchin
    Participant

actually sabbi must keep an eye out for those operation transformation walks. I’m loving getting the girls involved because as well as it being good for us all it’s spending quality time together too. We did the Cancer walk in phoenix park last year including dd2 – it was 5km – hubby had to carry her for some of it but she did alot of it….. hmmm just have to convince him to come with us too 😉

Joey can’t believe you’re youngest is 4! if i remember rightly we were doing the eddie rockets/movie nights at the time.

joeyrudd

Joey can’t believe you’re youngest is 4! if i remember rightly we were doing the eddie rockets/movie nights at the time.

i remember being pregnant that night but don’t know if it was with that child or the one before 😆

munchin
    Participant

😆 😆 joey nearly sure it was that child, if i’m not mistaken Taylor & Yvonne had photos of the boys who were 4 last october 😉 and i think i may well have been pregnant on my dd who’s 4 in June

Jedt
    Keymaster

Any of you going to go again??? 😆 😆

My best friend just had a baby last night and it always makes me a little broody being around newborns but our days of having babies are definitely over! No more babies in our house unless it nephews, nieces and at some stage hopefully grandchildren!

munchin
    Participant

go to Eddie rockets and the movies again – yeah sure no problem Sabbi!!!!!!!

Have another baby – not intentionally 😆 😆 😆 as my mam says never say never 😉
    I’m the same do get a little broody around newborns but the emphasis being on the "little" 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

Oh I’d love an Eddie Rockets now….burger and cheese & garlic fries….oh yum.

as for the babies…well I saw the new gorgeous baby yesterday and she is so tiny and precious and I felt a little bit broody but then it took an hour and 20 mins to get our 1 year old to sleep last night, so that put an end to that!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.