itchy mum to be

Home Forums Introduce Yourself itchy mum to be

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pmcalli

hi im new to this site and looking for a bit of advice. im 7 weeks pregnant and things seem to be going ok except for the fact that im covered in hives since week 5..has anyone any idea if this is normal, they are on my arms and legs mainly some on my chest and back..is this normal its my first pregnancy and its worrying me. can i take anything to get rid of them even..

pookie2

Congrats! Post this question in the expert section under pregnancy. Could probably take an anti-histamine, but need to check with doc. Haven’t had them myself….

chewieodie
    Participant

Boy, I remember this…. struggled with it with both of mine…. thought at one stage I had been attacked in the night by a swarm of killer bugs…was so itchy. I found that if I was exposed to heat… ie… hot bath, overheating etc it got worse. I did mention it to the doc at the time and all was fine in my case. But for your own peace of mind, I would mention it to your doc / midwife, as I know that in some cases it can be caused as a result of liver problems.

Don’t forget, your skin is stretching too….. which can also cause it to itch. Make sure you use a nice mild moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated….

pmcalli

thanks a million i actually went to my doctor as it got so unbearable. itching all the time and she took some blood for tests so just waiting on that now..hope it dont get any worse but its good to hear im not the only one who has it i was beginning to think something was wrong with me. so thanks again for the reply.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.