is there a playarea in drogheda like Pirates den in dundalk

Home Forums National Chat is there a playarea in drogheda like Pirates den in dundalk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ciarac

hi

my dh and his friend are thinking of setting up a big play area for kids, as there is one in dundalk already, they were wondering about Drogheda.
    it would be somewhere kids would have big play gyms etc and then thinking of putting on puppet shows at weekends, for birthdays etc, have a PROPER coffee shop for parents, nice healthy food for kids, but nice too!
    what do ye think??

rossylisa

well there is funtasia and the lesisure centre and the kangaroo club

yummymummy

as lisa said we already have 3!!!
    pirates den indundalk is desperate i must say, so badly laid out, kids can get out at any time as staff dont man the door and its not electronic, the kids run about in the dining area where there are hot china teapots, china cups etc and the party area is terrible, its like being in a little cage 🙂

if you are setting one up steer clear of the way pirates den is laid out and run 🙂

ciarac

thanks for the info, yeah pirates den is crap that’s why they are thinking of it, just wondering if dundalk was too small for another one…………

happymumblemum
    Participant

Well as yummy said we have the kangaroo club, astro tots and funtasia so that is an awfull amount already, to be honest though none of them serve decent food for adults or kids so that might be another angle?

If someone opened a drop in creche in scotch hall. retail park i would use it 😆 if you want another idea 😆

sadmum

Isn’t there another play area in Dundalk, in the sports place off Newry Road. To be honest i agree with the other ladies, there are already a lot of play places in Drogheda. At A’s birthday party in Leisureparks the chap who was organising it told us they are really quiet a lot of the time, i would imagine thats because there are so many places for people to take their kids now.

Don’t waste your money investing in it. If you are interested in puppet shows etc why not try hiring yourselves out for parties etc. You could provide party food too if you wanted, an all in package that can come to somebody’s house.

ciarac

that’s another idea we have sadmum, just to do parties etc, the puppets look fab, and they have text for birthdays but also for schools for bullying healthy eating etc, which could be good. No don’t think there is anywhere else in dundalk off the newry road, but could stand to be corrected !
    dh wants to do something good for kids and parents, eg, like having a decent coffee shop along with these, as the others are basically crap!!!!

rossylisa

have a burger king 😀 the nearest one to here is the omni park in santry do i only get one once in a blue moon ( maybe thats a good thing 😆 )

yummymummy

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh burger king, yeah drog could be doing with one of those here alright 🙂 🙂

Yvonne

Can’t remember the last time I had a burger king!

sadmum

ladies you know there is a burger king in the marshes in dundalk?

Moonflower

Where i used to live in uk we have a play centre very much like kangaroo club but oh so much more cosy…….lots of sofas to lounge around and chat, carpet on the floor so little ones feet dont get cold running around…….cafe area and the new gym machines for children, i had never been in it before even though its been there years as never had children in uk so i only know what we have here but I so wish we could have a more cosier play centre for children.

Also two other great ideas i have heard of for anyone who is planning on starting up and entertainment business for children is an indoor toddlers football training activity, i haveheard there is one on donabate (thanks jmum!!) and for party entertainers i have seen a coupel of lads who are DJ’s by night but also do childrens parties and get up on stage dancing and really get the children joining in with various dances, a bit like what you get in a holiday resort and we all know children love this sort of entertainment.

Moonflower

what about a children arts and craft centre, that would be great, messy i know but different……the art house we have here in mornington is always very popular and you could have different areas, some where parents join in with children, some where an organised activity takes place etc and of course the wonderful coffee shop with food, not just scones and coffee……my Ds loves going out with me for coffee but always ends up with a muffin and juice coz no other choice……

I used to own a coffee shop in Uk and we had a lady working for us who used to make wonderful homemade cakes, i think thats what astro tots could do with, maybe someone is good at making cakes and could approach them? they were lovely big sponges, lemon sponge, carrot cake, coffee sponge, rock cakes, oh i could go on forever and they were a great money spinner as didnt cost that much to make……..

happymumblemum
    Participant

art house in mornington???????????????????

Anonymous
    Inactive

That sounds brilliant Moonflower. Where is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.