Is the Christmas collection for Womans Refuge being done?

Home Forums National Chat Is the Christmas collection for Womans Refuge being done?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Just wondering are we doing this = this year , is it too late to organise?

I thought last year it was a huge sucess.

Maybe we could do a household collection for the new building – Any ideas…
    Bed Clothes / electrial toaster / kettles etc

scole1

dunno if anyone really up for it….i have no problem donating but wekends are full between now and christmas……

libby1
    Participant

May be if we just did one day as my weekends too are quite buzy…

scole1

i’d have no problem doing in the mornings while ds is in playschool….or even late night shopping night collection…..but if anyone wishes to donate, plese don’t wait to be asked, donate….i realise for many this will be a tough year but to spare even a gift that costs 1oeuro would mean the whole world to someone else….who has nothing to look forward to this christmas….

Yvonne

Was wondering if this would be happening again this year too… maybe we could just agree with the refuge to drop in the donated gifts ourselves? Or do an evening like Scole said, instead of a weekend??

kcireland

Hello Ladies,

I spoke with Carrie the Manager at the refuge. They are so busy this year moving into their new premises .. they haven’t had a chance to even think about Christmas and would be VERY GRATEFUL if we did organise something for the kids & mums like we did last year.

Do you think we should do a wider appeal for gifts?
    It was fabulous last year .. amazing amounts of people dropping in gifts and donations at our table in Scotch Hall … in true Christmas spirits!

Let me know.

Thanks.

Kelly

libby1
    Participant

Has a decision being met yet?

kcireland

don’t think solibby … I guess we need to agree if we want to appeal to everyone. If so, we’ll have to find a space (i.e. shopping centre) and organise people to volunteer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.