is it just me

Home Forums National Chat is it just me

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    angelmum

is it just me or this happen to all mothers.my youngeat son is with me all the time.whenever im in the car he is with me,taking the other kids to school or swimming lessons or whatever.when i have to go down town he is with me.anyway when it occasionally happens that he’s no with me for a split second i panic and think ‘where is he’it freaks me out.today he is gone to the park with my neighbour and a few times already i’ve had that feeling.am i loosing it or do all mothers do that.

Babs

😆 😆 I think it is something to do with you not being used to having yourself to yourself!! I too am so used to being "mammy" that when they are not with me (especially the baby as he is always there) I have to keep reminding myself where they are!!! Bet the other halves don’t have this problem 🙄 🙄 Can you imagine them in the middle of a meeting standing up in a panic and then realising that the kids are at home!!!

Taylor5

My kids are never in our bed (well ds2 was last night as he got a new tooth) I often wake up searching the bed for the baby, I even wake dh to help look I’d be on my knees pulling the covers off the bed…. dh will just roll over and say "he’s in his fucking Cot" 😳 😳 😳 I then rush in, take a deep breath and get back into bed and go asleep…… so if you think you are weird whats the story with me???? 😆 😆 😆

scole1

taylor you’re nuts as it is…..

ah it’s normal to feel like that when you have the child with you all the time, but after awhile when the child goes to playschool etc etc you start to feel lost, not where is he as you know where he is but a loss, i found when my d started playschool i would check the clock every 2 mins to when he was coming home, i felt lost without him as it was always just us….but i started to do things in order not to have the lost feelign there, then when he’d come home i’d be like oh wish he was in playschool again….lol…..
    this is bad though, have had a newborn recently and i think when we were home the first week we were going out round to the inlaws packed up the car and i walked out closed the door, hubby said where’s the baby, i’d forgotton luckily we were in the driveway he was still faffing around in the garden but took me awhile to get used to him being there, he’s a good baby never hear a peep unless tired or hungry….

Babs

😀 😀 I did the same….visited a friend with my son and new baby and when I was leaving I got son into the car, got the bags and stuff together and left her house….she walked out after me and asked if I had forgotten something…I wssn’t used to having two children at that stage and had left the baby in her house…I would have driven off if she hadn’t followed me!!! But now I am superglued to him and feel "wrong" when he is not with me!!! 🙄

Taylor5

Scole you shouldnt have been lifting the baby seat so soon after a section anyway, dh should have put him in the car
    I find its weird if you only have one child with you, out at night is fine but out in the shops alone is totally werid but very very nice 😆

joey_rudd

if i go anywhere on my own, which doesn’t happen often i’m so lost
    have no idea what i’m doing if i’m not holding someones hand or pushing a buggy
    so far i don’t think i’ve forgotten them which with my memory is great
    when they are all in school i won’t know what to do with my self

angelmum

oh thank god its not just me then.know what you mean about thre buggy thing.i think thats like a security blanket type senario.it feels very weird walking without pushing the buggy when your so used to it.you almost feel naked dont you,you dont know what to be doing with your hands.so either we are all normal mothers or we are all off our heads.

scole1

wasn’t lifting the car seat anyway had put child into it……then just picked up somthing else then left child in front room….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Must be something wrong with me, something that never bothered me..i suppose because they are twins they always had one another so when i left them into creche they were always happpy. Its good to have a break, if only to do the shopping 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know the feeling when you’re so used to them beside you all the time. Best one was when my other half woke up during the night, grabbed me….and tried to stop me falling out of the bed..he thought I was the baby!!!!!l How he thought I was the baby I don’t know. But he scared the hell out of me…..this happened for about a week..he kept looking for the baby in the bed. And the baby was in his cot for over 6mths at this stage..

So it did happen to him too.

Taylor5

wasn’t lifting the car seat anyway had put child into it……then just picked up somthing else then left child in front room….

So you didnt forget the child as you couldnt lift it, it was dh would left him behind as its his job to put the seat into the car 🙄 😆 😆 😆

Mummy5 thank god Im not the only one doing this… dh kills me!!! 😆 😆 😆

Lai I think its more SAHM who suffer from this, if your going to work everyday it would be normal not to have kids with you 24/7. Seen a couple in Ardgillian today with triplets… they had a train buggy the lenght of it, they looked under 1!!! 😯

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.