IRON SUPPLEMENTS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jomoodar

hi
    CAN ANYONE HELP???
    WHEN CAN YOU START TAKING IRON SUPPLEMENTS DURING PREGNANCY?
    I HEARD FROM 12 WEEKS THEN SOMEONE ELSE SAID FROM 16 WEEKS AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE SAID FROM THE BEGINNING???
    IM CONFUSED!!

scole1

i took iron suplements on my first pregnancy spa tone, didn’t like it at all, then other ones that didn’tagree with my tummy, so stopped just increased greens etc spinage and the like, second time round did the same but also took pregnacare (it’s a full suplement) but also took folic which is important….

afterwards i needed iron and have to say the nly one that agreed with me and still does in galfor….

hth…congrats by the way great news

Taylor5

Pregnacare are brilliant but only safe to take after 12 weeks

I wouldnt take iron unless told to do so, some people dont need to take it at all.
    I took Galfer but found going to the loo very hard, literally 😆 😆 😆 i used to take one every otherday.
    Dont go on the iron until told to do so, but pregnacare until after 12 weeks, if you buy in the North it doesnt say after 12 weeks on the packet

Jomoodar

thanks girls

Taylor5 i bought pregnacare in bettystown and it didnt say after 12 weeks on it!!! must double check cos i was taking that at 5 weeks and then stopped cos wasnt keeping anything down anyway!!

i suppose i will just wait until im told to take it! Forgot that there was so much to this pregnancy lark!!!

thanks again

scole1

if you ask also the pharmacist…but think it is after 12 weeks….

best of luck very exciting

Jedt
    Keymaster

hmm scole says very exciting….sounds broody to me 😆 😆

Congrats Jo, thrilled for you guys. I took Floradix from about 14 weeks.It tastes a bit yuk so I used to mix it with orange juice and that was good.

By the way, if you need any maternity clothes, check out the clothesline ad on here (the one with the colourful washing line) its brilliant and she has loads of maternity wear, some with tags still on and its as cheap as chips.

I got some stuff from Tammy at clothesline before and can definitely recommend her.

Good luck, feel better soon. x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.