INTERNET DISASTER!!!

Home Forums National Chat INTERNET DISASTER!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Babs

Ladies…I need some advice!!! We ordered my weeman (4yrs) his Christmas pressie online from America as it is not available here or England (think only out in US)…its a Thomas the Tank set for his railway…anyway, paid over €100 for it and got it to be delivered to my parents in Dublin so not to ruin the surprise…my dad phoned me earlier very upset to say that he had just gone to post depot to collect it and it is in bits!!!! The outer box was damaged and taped up with "Air France" tape and the inner box (containing the items) was also damaged and taped!!! God love my dad, he emailed us photos and it looks like it was thrown from the plane! The contents are all smashed up!! The company we got it from used DHL…anyway, my hubby emailed them and got a response to say it was obviously our customs fault and to contact them instead..he then emailed the photos and was told that the company will contact their carrier on Monday…it turns out that it is Thanks Giving over there so they said they cannot do anything til next week…has anything like this happened to anyone…who should we contact…we don’t want a heart broken little boy in 5 weeks time!!!!

rcole

Maybe send a mail to the place that you bought it, tell them it arrived broken and that you need them to send out a new one as soon as possible. In better packaging. If they refuse you can advise them that you will aks the credit card company to refund the money.
    If there is Air France tape on it, that would suggest that it was broken during the journey when it was perhaps transhipped in Paris. And not by Irish Customs.
    Not sure you should be the one chasing after courriers to establish who broke or damaged the product, that should be the job of the supplier.
    What excatly is the Thomas Product?
    We buy a lot of stuff off a Thomas Website that does everything, including stuff that you cant pick up in the US.

Babs

Its called Spin and Fix repair yard…not out yet here or UK as I would drive to the north if it was…in fact I would drive to America as I am so worried that we cannot get it…we have decided to chase the company for a refund and will try to get another one off Ebay…I am afraid to leave it a week or so trying to sort it out incase it is then too late to get it due to Christmas posting…he really has his heart set on this toy. He is only 4yrs but this is the first year he is really excited and gets the whole Christmas thing… 😥

Happymammy

Awe thats terrible!!!! Definetly get your money back and get one from ebay. 🙁 Thats a nightmare! Your first real christmas is one always tobe remembered. dd1 always remembers her baby chu chu she got when she was 4! 😆

Happymammy

Just an idea!! but why dont yo ask kelly thats in canada (shes on your facebook) to see if she can get one for ya and send it over??

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hopefully you can get it sorted – let us know how you get on. Was there some sort of guarantee included when you bought it online, have a look through the small print on the site in their terms and conditions. Worth a shot maybe?

Good luck…

Taylor5

can you cancell the credit card payment? The package should be insured, its not your problem to find out where the damage was done, any checks on missing or damaged products start at source ie the first point of call on the journey iykwim

Would you not go for the replacement its by dhl and should really only take a week or so, you could ask them to ship express due the the upset etc… chance your arm

Babs

They have already taken payment!!!! We are just afraid that with the delay of Thanks Giving and the Christmas posting period we could find ourselves with no more time to get a new one for Christmas Morning…so we’ve ordered a new one…if we cannot get a refund and they insist on sending us another toy we will sell it on Ebay anyway! Its true Happymammy, you do remember your early Christmas pressies…I still remember a TinyTears I got (and the disappointment that it wouldn’t cry!! God, if only my real life tiny tears had that problem!!)… 🙄 🙄

Taylor5

Im sure you will find someone to buy it 😆 😆 😆

rcole

Hi there, not sure if you got a new spin and fix yard.
    Just got a weekly newsletter in from that Thomas shop in the Uk where I normally get Thomas hard to find stuff and noticed that they are selling it.

http://shop.buythomasthetankengine.co.u … 1986-p.asp

Any word on the refund ?

Taylor5

She got her new one last week, not 100% sure on the refund but as long as her little man is happy on xmas morning…… babs might be selling a spin and fix so watch this space 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.