Intercom System

Home Forums Louth Chat Intercom System

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Hi there,

I want to get an intercom system for my front door – one with a video and wondering where to get a good but cheap one?

Saw one in Argos but would like to have another option to compare it too?

There are just so many strangers (sales people usually) calling to the door these days – i just dont feel comfortble opening my front door to strangers anymore but think it is totally rude to ignore them, so think this is the best option. I want to be able to see them on the screen & talk to them without opening the door.

Thanks

Taylor5

God mary this break in must be really getting to you!! Buy a chain for the door, much cheaper or just ignore them

MaryE

Yeah, i suppose it has got to me but i cant help the way i feel.

My dh thinks its because im pregnant that the protective gene in me is in overdrive – or something similar.

Actually they are selling those intercoms in Lidl this week for €100, so intend to get one.

Taylor5

Yeah being pregnant can cause your emotions to run a big higher then normal 🙄 😆 😆 😆
    100euro God you cant go wrong at that price, i might have a look at one for my mother, i dont like her opening her door in the winter evenings, she would love this and the price….. Lidl and Aldi stuff is alway very very good quality

MaryE

i got mine, now i just need to get someone to put it in.

did you get one for your mam, taylor?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Mary,

I reckon you should get whatever gives you peace of mind. Prout security systems are very good, reckon they should be able to advise on this one – even if they cannot fit it, they may be able to recommend someone.

I know these guys and they are nice and helpful.

Mind yourself, take care and try not to worry too much,

Chin up.

scole1

well marye you have been through an ordeal, my god, and if an intercom system is what makes you feel comfortable then yeah get it, i know my own parents have a camera at their door, very descreet, got it in woodies, and it clicks into the tv it even has sound too, so if my parents don’t want to answer the door they flick the channel see who itis then decides….i often joke with them if they are late to open the door, and say i’ll wave an invite at the camera, but as they are older it’s what makes them feel safe…

there are a good few people in my estate thathave cameras at their door, and sure why not…

so the intercom system sounds good, what about checking if mcartney electrical can fit it, vinny is this guy – 0863064074, if not he may be able to advise you….

i think it’s a great thing to have and hopefully detere further robberies and main thing give you piece of mind….

Taylor5

No she didnt want one, she has the home guard alarm (the old folks one) she has a button around her neck… she didnt want the thing on the door as she would have to drill into her new door 🙄
    If some knocks late she rings the neighbour to check who is at her door 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 …. sure thats free! 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.