Insurance

Home Forums National Chat Insurance

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Okay…. its that time of the year again…. car insurance….
    now before I lose my sense of humour phoning / internet research….
    who are you with? ie… who is giving good value?

Taylor5

insure.ie are brilliant also 25plus.ie

snowdrop

No nonsense.ie, great value and they protect no claim bonus

chewieodie
    Participant

thanks gals…

Financial Companion
    Participant

Best thing to do Chewie, is to list the exact benefits that you have (extras like windscreen cover, breakdown assist, home assist, policy excess etc.) check the online options (but also ring them!) then ring a couple of insurance companies directly and also a couple of large brokers directly. Let them know that you can already beat your renewal and you want to see if they can beat it by more (without compromising cover!)

Fabienne

What I did was called 2 compagnies, and compare with the price of my renewal.
    Was with Tesco and was great , but got few euros better with AA and a better cover for something (can’t remember).
    Tesco had a cheaper one called "value" but I did want a bit more cover but the value was at a great price.
    But first ask for a quote with want you want, then wait for it then tell them what you have they’ll match it.

So with 2 phones calls you can get a better deal.
    Never tried the comparasion websites, as you have to put all info in it and if you have any questions, noone to answer them, or if you don’t know exactly how to fill their form.
    I prefer a phone call.

Fabienne

ed1
    Participant

We are with 25plus.ie a few years now and always get a good quote off them. This year though, 123.ie came back about €40 cheaper but 25plus.ie matched it so we stayed with them.

Taylor5

We have both cars with 25plus, i shopped about a good bit this year, got a few guotes in cheaper then 25plus, but when i added on windscreen, breakdown, protect my no claims… they were 100’s dearer.
    I did say to 25 that i thought it was a bit expensive and they knocked 30euro off the price to round it down, 1 thing i will say about 25 that i dont like, if you move your cover from car to car ie hire car when in for a service, they charge 10e to move the cover over, most do it for free

scole1

25plus.ie offered better coverage all round

chewieodie
    Participant

Interestingly enough…. my current insurer was cheapest all round….
    its4women.ie
    (like for like on benefits)

scole1

actually that’s the same crowd is it? that’s who i’ve my insurance with sorry that’s who i meant…ooops they are backed by chartis..

Taylor5

Do think they are the same company… yes 25plus are covered by Chartis.

I got some great quotes but when i looked at the cover it was far less then i had, like for like other companies quotes were very expensive

Anonymous
    Inactive

tried 25plus…..in shock at the price. got a quote for€595 and with zurich only €328 for comprehensive insurance with full no claims bonus protection….think i’ll stick with zurich.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.