Insulating Paint / Thermal Lining Paper

Home Forums National Chat Insulating Paint / Thermal Lining Paper

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

Given the really cold winters of the last few years and my little mans room being north and east facing – I have been looking at my options for keeping his room warm longer. It seems to only hold the heat for a while when the curtains are pulled.

Anyhow, I have discovered via the internet and also Woodies, an Insulating Paint – which claims to keep the heat in the room longer. Has anyone experience of this? or is it a total waste of money(not cheap).

Another option is Thermal Liner paper. This apparently has been around for years and does the job. A bit cumbersome though – you have to line the walls with this stuff, then another lining paper to protect it and then finally paint or wallpaper the walls. Apparently, the room heats up 65% faster as you do not have to take the cold out of the walls and you safe about 35% more of the heat. Anyone any experience of this? (again very expensive)

Taylor5

we had the same problem with the boys room, north and west facing, it was always cold, even with heating on.
    I was in there over the past few nights at all hours, one i was wearing little or nothing and i wasnt cold and heating had been since 8pm, this was about 3am!!! (it was freezing outside, cars covered in frost)
    Our house is 9 years old and we got our cavity walls filled, i cant believe how warm the house is now.
    I could give you the name of the comapany i used, this will last forever and not just one room, it will insulate the whole house, i only have my heating on for 1,5 hours in the evening and house never cold, in fact im walking about checking that the rads are off its so warm. This will also pay for itself in about 2 or 3 years with the savings in heating

mammycool
    Participant

Hi Taylor,

Yes, if you have the number that would be great. I am not sure whether or not we can get it done – our house is wood frame but it would have cavaties outside of that – worth a call though.

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.