Inhalers for children-tips please

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Inhalers for children-tips please

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hailey has had a cough for over 3 weeks now,it hasnt cleared since she had the RSV infection.the doctor now has put her on inhalers,the brown one am & pm & the blue one for when she coughs.the things is Hailey is just 13 months old & doesnt understand why we keep putting a mask over her face & she goes absolutely mental & i really dont know how much of thedose is getting into her as she pushes it away etc…

I have tried to make a game of it & myself & my partner have showed her us using the baby inhaler…but to no avail

So if anyone out there has been through this,any tips would be appreciated thanks

Fabienne

Could you when she sleeps as breathing would be regular and she might not wake up.
    Also did you try reflexology for Hailey to help, combine with medication. My son once had a very bad cold and my friend a reflexologist did it and it helped a lot.
    hope she gets better soon.
    Fabienne

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried using it on her when she is sleeping but as soon as the mask goes on her face she wakes up & then she completely freaks out as she has woken up to find a mask on her face 🙁

I will look into the reflexology though thanks

beams

Thats prob contributing to why she hates it so much ! My dd has asthma and on inhalers since 13 months – my tip would be to leave it on a table in the sitting room without the brown or blue puff attached and encourage her to use it on teddy or you and then herself – she will find after playing with it that its no big deal – teddy is fine – your fine and she is fine too. Its best not to make a big deal of it – if she is free to handle it herself and its out in the open it makes less of an issue of the whole thing ..hth

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the tips Beams,i have been letting her hold it etc….& she is fine with it as long as there are no inhalers attached,then as soon as they appear shes not happy…hopefully she will get used to it soon.

Did it help your childs cough straight away?….it doesnt with Hailey,so im not sure if its working for her.

beams

Yes the blue puff helped straight away – in as much as the incessant coughing had stopped and the wheeze was alleviated to where she was comfortable. It may take a bit of time if she is not getting the full medicated dose into her system – persever if the doc says so – hope she feels better soon

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Beams for replying again.am going to get on to doctor in next few days if there is still no improvement in her coughing & chest sounds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.