Inane chat??

Home Forums National Chat Inane chat??

Viewing 15 posts - 4,831 through 4,845 (of 25,519 total)
  • Author
    pinkbabe

Exactly & I’ll have bunnacurry’s baby too. Not a hope & if she starts she’ll be told if she wasn’t relying on my mam for free childcare she wouldn’t be in this pickle.

D is still sleeping, this is mad, he must have had no sleep with his mam last night but I am not complaining.

yummymummy

oh dont complain or he will wake up ha ha ha ha its always the way!!!!!!!

pinkbabe

I am def not complaining. 😛

I am delighted & my sis just said that she will ask my aunt to mind my nephew while my mam is away. Hope she’ll be putting her hand in her pocket!!!

yummymummy

let her pink its her prob not yours!!! this is what u get for relying on family, they have a life too.

pinkbabe

& I am sooo looking forward to having a life away from the bloody lot of them. Another friend of mine is childminding fro her nephew, getting paid (but not a lot) & really being taken the P*** out of wages wise. If the mum or dad misses a day of work she doesn’t get paid, do u pay after school if J is off school Yummy? (thats the way they work down here u pay for the place to be held open for them)

munchin
    Participant

think most creches are like that
    i will be off for a week in aug, i’ll be at home but I pay for E whether i end her in or not, same when we go to Portugal in Nov or if she’s out sick

I know my sister now she has her little fella in for 5 mornings she pays if she misses a morning but she can also pay by the hour for them to take him longer.

pinkbabe

Yeah thats the way Angie’s afterschool & playschool works in Drogheda. I get paid for minding D even if his mam takes a day off & I don’t have him. Think a couple of weeks paying for childcare will be good for my sis (she might even appreciate what i have done for her)

yummymummy

you see if you are a self employed child minder you really should have a contract in place. you should still get paid if you are available for work ie if the parnets decide to take time off work but u are still avainable to mind the children, but if u take holsthen shouldnt be expected to be paid, as parents will have to find alternative arrangements.
    yeah i have to pay for when he not there. like when we on hols ill have to pay €30 which is the standard fee you have to pay regardless of the days or hours he there it the min fee to hold his place. in sept im only going to need after school care every 3rd week but will have to pay €30 for the other 2 weeks he not there.

pinkbabe

Ouch so it will work out 90 euro for 1 weeks care Yummy thats very expensive is there no alternative ???

yummymummy

i dont think its that expensive as ill have peace of mind that if his da has to do overtime, goes on hols, gets sick then i can put him in the afterschool. i could have my ma and x ma pick him up but they both work and i dont want to rely on them at all. plus the girls are great and they do pick up and run summer camps etc in the place id be lost without it

pinkbabe

U could even send him the odd day durin the 2 weeks he’ll be off if u need to get a bit of study done or have a few bits to do down the town 😀

yummymummy

i could but i wouldnt pink ha ha ha. you see they come in handy, what if there is an inservice day and i have no one to mind him?? like on monday …usually my ma takes him but she isnt the best and took a month off work , she would take him but im not even going to ask. im going to go into work at 10.30 and his da will finish at 1. these things have to be done and its always best to have a back up plan.

pinkbabe

My 2 love when they get to go to Angie’s afterschool, they love the company of other children & sitting down to a meal with them. I love the peace & being able to do my bits & bobs without them!!!

yummymummy

thats it, its all about interacting with kids there own age.

just had a priest in trying to sell me a calender is this allowed, i didnt think the catholic religion did that!!??

pinkbabe

I get the church 1 free in my door

Viewing 15 posts - 4,831 through 4,845 (of 25,519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.