Inane chat??

Home Forums National Chat Inane chat??

Viewing 15 posts - 4,816 through 4,830 (of 25,519 total)
  • Author
    pinkbabe

Seriously I believe i have a ‘real job’ but my family just take the p*** Because I am not stuck in an office my mam, my sisters & my bro to a lesser extent are always asking me to run erands for them, it drives me mad, I have enuf hassle bringing 3 children to collect my own dry cleaning, pay my own bills & do my own shopping without doing theirs too. Roll on Drogheda. I dunno what my family are going to do when I move (get up off their @ss & do it themselves)

yummymummy

but didnt you say that they hardly babysit for you…eh ur annivesary for one. why should you feel the need to take their kids when the cant return the favour, thats outta line in my opnion. i have my ma &da and my x and his ma. my bro wouldnt babysit to save his life, which will fall back on him when he has his own child…roll on that day i tell ya.

pinkbabe

They do no babysitting, my sis who has a son has babysat for me once since I had L nearly 7 years ago, she just doesn’t seem to understand what goes around comes around. The way she looks at it is she is working this afternoon so if I said I wouldn’t take him I would be a b**ch, when I ask her to mind for me it’s because I want to do something not because I am working so it is alright for her to say no.

I don’t mind running the odd erend for my bro, he is good to me lift wise, he never says no if he can drop me somewhere or pick me up.

My younger sister does very little babysitting maybe once or twice a year on a wednesday or thursday night, her attitude is if I wanted to stay in @ the weekend I’d have my own brats but her day will come & I’ll tell them i’ve had a hard week childminding so I don’t wanna spend my weekend doing it 😛

yummymummy

your so right in what goes around comes around. and as u said they will be lost without you when u move to drogheda, so they will be sorry then.
    if i have errands to do and j doesnt want to come with me(he hates going down town) i will ask my ma or x to hold onto him, less hassle for me and i dont do it that often as sometimes i rely on my ma for when mid term and in service days come along.

pinkbabe

My mam takes mine every Sunday from about 11am so I can have a day off & so she is gaurenteed to see them @ least once a week because when we are fighting (it happens a lot) I won’t visit (these fights have lasted months in the past) so I don’t like to ask her @ night I think it is pushing it.

yummymummy

but what if she took them a night instead of taking them on a sunday, you still getting time to yourself and she gets to see them?

munchin
    Participant

my littleone is only 6months but she is the youngest grandchild, my mam hasn’t and probably won’t mind her until she’s at least 3/4and then only very occasionally.
    She reckons she’s not able for them don’t get me wrong she adores them but apart from my oldest nephew who is like the son they never had she dosen’t mind the grandkids
    my sisters both live an hour from me and altough i’ve built up years in time minding there kids i didn’t have of my own at that time.
    Now i have E i do still mind their kids but not as much and i know they’ll never come close to taking E as much as i did theirs but circumstances are different

yummymummy

its still a matter of give and take though really.
    im a bit lucky in that my ds is the first granchild on both sides so the grandparents adore him, my aunts would take him too. one of my aunts has a 5yo gilr and a 3 yo boy and my ds will go and stay with her or her kids will stay with me. give and take!!!!!!!
    the grandparents are only 51,49 and 48 so well able to handle J and his tantrums.
    i dont thik its right to be taken advantage of.

munchin
    Participant

my mam is only 59 sure my dh is 50 this year its not so much age it’s health
    there is give and take just i feel a little bit more give on my part but i’ve always been like that it’s my own fault.
    Actually i haven’t taken my sisters 2 together since E was born, i’ve minded the older girl but her little fella is only a 1yr and half and i’m not that brave!
    In saying that i’ve got them as a family to stay a few times so we all get to spend a bit of time together

pinkbabe

I dunno why she doesn’t take them a night, think she knows that’d suit me better so she doesn’t wanna make things too easy for me & hates to see me having a life 😈

I just peed on my sis’ parade by telling her when my mam is on 2 weeks hol I won’t live here so can’t jump into super free babysitter mode !!!

yummymummy

guess she will have to go down the creche route then pink and it aint your problem.
    i tend to be a walkover myself, always doing things for people, but when they take the pee its time to put your foot down you know.

munchin
    Participant

you are right yummymummy, ever now & then i put my foot down or what i usually tell my sisters is i’m not doing them a favour i’m doing it for the kids to spend time with them!

yummymummy

always do it in the nicest possible way or else dont ans phone or messages and claim u never got them ha ha ha ha.

pinkbabe

I’d say she’ll just get a dr cert for a week off work & get her hubby to do the same the following week, she wouldn’t get a creche in Dublin @ this short notice. Wouldn’t be suprised if she asked me to take him on his Hols to Drog EH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

yummymummy

no is right, sure you’ll only be settling in yourself with your own 2 kids. thats not fair.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,816 through 4,830 (of 25,519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.