Inane chat??

Home Forums National Chat Inane chat??

Viewing 15 posts - 20,476 through 20,490 (of 25,519 total)
  • Author
    Canucklass

There was moi, Sweetpea, Yvonne, Munchin and Bunnacurry with their adorable wee girls. ADORABLE 😀

posie

They really do rule the roost at the end of the day!!!

Sweetpea

Welcome back Posie, sounds like a good time was had by all. 😀 😀

ed1
    Participant

hi girls,

just back from my uncles funeral, he died suddenly on saturday night. while it was very sad it was also very happy. you see my uncle came home to live in bettystown 4 years ago, but was mugged and left for dead 3 years ago coming from village hotel. he ended up severly brain damaged and had to learn how to do everything again. he was living in a nursing home and never knew what happened him. (thank god) he was only 60. anyway on friday he took a minor heart attack and on friday night, saturday morning took a massive heart attack and died. it was all very sudden. what annoys me is that no one was ever caught or charged for doing this to him. my poor nana is devasted but to be honest she is coping extremely well. i suppose she is relieved that he is no longer suffering.

sorry for going on a bit but it is just so sad.

anyway enough said.

posie

Thanks Sweetpea. Yeah, we had a lovely time, though we were wrecked for most of it 🙄 I think C had a great time with his dad.

posie

Ed I’m very sorry to hear about your uncle. Such a sad story and such an awful thing to have happened to him. As you said yourself – at least he is not suffering anymore and is at peace.

ed1
    Participant

thanks posie…

Taylor5

Ah Ed thats very sad, I remember that accident as I was working in Laytown at the time and would have traveled that road home. God love him but he is in a better place now and free from pain….. its shocking that no one was ever found for it, but if it makes you feel any better I was stopped loads of times and asked if I drove that road often and was I driving it that weekend, they did do alot of work on the case but I think it just ran dry….. I remember something about a D reg Jeep or was that just local rumours…..
    My he rest in peace now

munchin
    Participant

oh Ed so sorry to hear about your uncle but as you say he’s at peace now.
    hope you ok

Sweetpea

Sorry to hear of you sad loss Ed1 🙁 Our thoughts are with you
    Bettystown is not the quiet little seaside village it once was unfortunately, but I never imagined it was so bad as to leave some one for dead. 😯 😯 (Only moved here 3 years ago).

ed1
    Participant

Thanks girls.

The garda did do a lot of work on the case and they did find his jacket and mobile phone. seemingly there was cars being tampered with outside the village hotel that night and maybe he tried to stop them or something. we will never know.

sweetpea, dont worry bettystown is still a lovely place to live in. i would move out there tomorrow if i could. my mams is from bettystown and my nana still lives there.

Yvonne

Morning all, how is everyone?

Ed, sorry to hear about your Uncle…

yummymummy

sorry to hear about your uncle ed! hope ya ok!

just found out yest that my nana has parkinsons 🙁 she going downhill rapidly !!! must visit her with J and see if that perks her up a bit 🙂

hows all today??

Yvonne

Ah Yummy, thats sad – what age is she again? A visit would probably perk her up no end!

I’m grand, E is alot better thank God and even better is that scarlet fever is not contagious once she has 24 hours of anti biotics inside her!

yummymummy

how did the treats go down yest with her 🙂 bet she will want to be sick the whole time now hahahaha! glad she getting better.

she 83.

is anyone else freezing?? i was nearly blown away this morning, where the hell is the wind coming form, i wish it would fook off.

Viewing 15 posts - 20,476 through 20,490 (of 25,519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.