Illness Benefit

Home Forums National Chat Illness Benefit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

Does anyone know how this works? Both my husband and I have worked for the last 20 yrs and (thank God) never had to claim it.

Anyhow, my hubby just had a hernia op and was out of work for two weeks. The first week, he put through as holidays – on advice from his boss. The second week, he got the social welfare form filled in and sent it off.

He got 94 euro for the week. I can see from http://www.welfare.ie that the payment is 188 per week for anyone who earns more than 300 euro. It also says that you do not get paid for the first three days. So is the 188 a payment made for the 7 days after the first 3????

How on earth could any married man with two children survive on 94 euro for the week???

bubblesue

It used to be that the first payment was less than the regular weeks because it subtracted the first three days, I would say that is why.

If he had gone on illness benefit from day one, he would have still been entitled to his holidays, that bit sounds like the boss being a bit crafty!

libby1
    Participant

The system is mad , i am presently off on sick leave and i get 188 per week.

Its all because we are honest working people, u work so your salary is taken into consideration.
    Don’t get me started……………….

Jedt
    Keymaster

That was very sneaky of the boss, not nice at all. Contact your local citizens advice bureau, they may be able to help.

Sometimes it feels like you get penalized left, right and centre for working!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.