If You Had a Cesarean at the Lourdes During Labour

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth If You Had a Cesarean at the Lourdes During Labour

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TracyDonegan

Hi everyone,

As part of my midwifery training I’m interested in whether you had what’s called FBS – fetal blood sampling before your cesarean birth.

FBS is like a smear test and the doctor takes a tiny sample of blood from your baby’s scalp and tests it to see how well your baby is doing.

Thanks for your feedback !

Tracy

Taylor5

i had two sections in OLOL after non progression in labour and never had this done on either birth. One was nearly 3.5years ago and the other 7 weeks ago

Homebirdx2

I had this done on my first labour, which ended in an emercency c-section. I was told they had to check this as the baby’s heart rate kept dropping during each contraction. The cord was wrapped around my dd’s neck a number of times.

munchin
    Participant

i had an emergency section on dd and i didn’t have this test done.

Dinomum

I had emergency section also and I didnt have this done either

I had C-section and FBS was done several times as the baby’s heart beat was going mad, but test said- no stress for baby! At the end – cord was the problem , of course.

jeanette

no they did not take a blood sample, think they were in a hurry (baby in distress),

monika_irl

I had C-section in 2006 and i didn’t have this test done.

Yvonne

I had an emergency c section in 2004 and this test wasn’t done.

CC

Nope from me too – I had 2 c-sections in 20 months up in OLOL (I know, glutton for punishment!) last one was last year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.