Ideas for Long Weekend

Home Forums Louth Chat Ideas for Long Weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Please any ideas what i can do with my ds 11 yrs and my dd 7 yrs this weekend, hubby wking all wend….

Being to Water Park & Funtasia & zoo and all the usual places… even did cooking yesterday….

surely there is something i have missed…..

sunshineorla

Ever been up to the long woman’s grave in the cooley mountains? That’ll tire them out and then into carlingford for a walk around. It’s nice to walk around. There is a viking festival on in Annagasan soon, not sure if its this weekend or next. Might be worth checking out.
    Newgrange farm or newbridge house too.Or even Newgrange itself.

angelmum

i would stay away from newgrange farm,too deer for whats there.we are going to the phoenix park tomorrow but not to zoo or anything.there is a market in farmleigh house and we’ll check that out.then we will probably go to the playground there and wonder down to the wellington monument.not planning on spending much money.ardgillan is great.we bring their guns(boys and girls) and me and my husband use sticks and we play cowboys and indians in the woods.its so much fun.seems silly i know but it is fun and brings back loads of memories.

scole1

libby check out dayout.ie it will have some ideas of places to go to, what about puddenhill also theycould do go-carting….

Taylor5

I keep meaning to go up to magic hill near carlingford…. not 100% sure where it is though, is it hard to find

sunshineorla

Yeah , I think it’s around the ravensdale side of the mountains but it’s the kind of place you happen across and can never remember exactly where it is. It’s lovely driving around there and has great views out over Dundalk. You can drive up to the mast as they call it and it’s like being in Wicklow or the burren up there. Makes you forget ou’re in Louth. Probaably the most scenic part of Louth

Taylor5

I know its stunning, my FIL had never been up this part (a wicklow man) he came out ot joes house with us and he was stunned at who beautiful Louth is, he said he would love a day out in carlingford but lord rest him he never made it.
    LOVE THE BURREN…… its like being on the moon (well what Id imagine the moon is like) 😆 😆 😆

Angelmum we did the phoenix park a few weeks ago, watch the wellington mon loads of drinkers and tonnes of broken glass, not nice with small kids. We went to the popes cross and ds and dh rolled down the hill, it was ds’s best part of the day…. plus the deer were there and we walk out really really close to them, he was delighted.
    Great day out loads of things to do for Free and some great spots to sit and have a picnic…… all you need is the weather good luck

angelmum

hi guys went to phoenix park yesterday and it was great.the market was great in farmleigh house and out on the green a band were playing all day.stayed there ages and then went over to ashtown castle,also in park.kids played in the trees and maze.got mcdonalds for kids and went back to pitches in phoenix park and played hurling and football.had a great day and didnt cost too much

Taylor5

That sounds like a great day, kids love days like that and so does your pocket 😆 😆 😆 Farmleigh is brilliant, its well worth the money we invested in it, but great that they use it and there is always something on for the public,

We went to Ardgillian, it was packed…. ds2 was in the playground for nearly 2 hours!!!! He would have stayed longer but he was getting cranky and tired. We had a picnic on the grass (the food gave him booster energy 😆 😆 😆 😆 ) Then we went all around the walled gardens and rose garden…. they were eating sweet peas and gooseberries 🙄

libby1
    Participant

We went to Piltown Driving Range – 100 balls €8 / bowling in Leisure Park / went to BB Muffins / Book shopping in Waterstones /

We did a few walks / watched some great DVD’S / visited Grandparents

Had a great time

trixiebell
    Participant

we spent the weekend in the back garden, painting, weeding and tidying it up 🙂

We had been waiting on a dry weekend for about 2 months to get the decking and shed painted, sowe were very lucky this weekend to get it done, badly needed it!!

My back is KILLING me now though 🙄

Taylor5

Your pelvis would still be soft and loose so soon after having babs, can I have some of your energy?
    Our decking needs painting too, for to add that to dh’s list 😆 😆 😆

trixiebell
    Participant

i got a mad burst of energy yesterday, but tomorrow I will be in bits, I can hardly get up of the seat 🙄

Im a glutten for punishment, but unless I go out and made sure DH kept at the garden it would have been like an overgrown jungle!!! Cracking the whip 😆 😆 😆

I LOVE lists! Since im on maternity leave, I keep finding things to add on to his list lol!

Taylor5

😆 😆 😆 😆 I think I have too much on the list that the poor chap doesnt know where to start, might start a new list with 2 or 3 things then add more when they are done…..
    Well you got out of the chair to get over to smyths 😆 😆 😆

trixiebell
    Participant

ah yeah, but when theres shopping involved we can do anything!! 😆 😉

Yeh think I’ll have a look around the house and c what else I can add to the list, wouldnt want him to be getting bored, or thinking he is finished 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.