I wish I didn’t have to shop up North

Home Forums National Chat I wish I didn’t have to shop up North

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kate

This is a rant, I know it’s been said before many times – but honest to god, I can’t believe the difference in price between here and NI.

I’ve 2 comparisons.

Clarkes shoes, they are €36 euro here and £27.50 up north.

Wallpaper – which is €25.99 in B&Q Swords and £14.99 in B&Q Newry.

I would love to be able to support local business and shop local, but with these huge differences in price, the average person is justifying the trip.

ed1
    Participant

I still go up to Newry to do my grocery shopping. Even though Tesco have reduced their prices, it still doesnt match up North.

I did a shop in Tesco and granted it was about €160 but it only lasted a week, whereas if I go to Sainsburys my shopping usually costs about €170 but it last about 2 to 3 weeks with all the BOGOF offers etc….

Anonymous
    Inactive

i use ASDA, they do some bargins!! 😯
    But i did shop in tesco down here and they have really droped there prices 😀
    i still do my shopping in adsa every 2 weeks and any thing i need in between i use tesco.
    Fruit and veg are now cheaper down south and frozen food is cheaper up north.

I have always wanted a 2 seater swing for the garden, these are €100 odd down here…… i got one in adsa for………..£25 😯 😯 could not believe it!! pissed off though cause it has rained since i got the thing 🙁 ha ha

trixiebell
    Participant

I got 3 bottles of wine for £10 in Tescos up north and 2 boxes of busweiser for £16 in Dunnes up north. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.