I’ve taken the first step!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness I’ve taken the first step!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think its due to Sabbi’s bootcamp diary that has kicked my butt into gear!.So I borrowed a few fitness dvds (by various women that are in soaps that have got thin!) from the library.

So yesterday for the first time in my life i did a fitness workout!- i did the warm up,a cardio section & then the cool down, i thought i was going to die!,my heart rate was pumping,my cheeks were rosey & i was parched.it lasted 30 minutes in total.I am going to aim to do it every second day for the next 2 weeks (i will go for a long walk on the alternate day) as thats when Haileys christening is & i know there are going to be lots of photos on the day & I dont want to look back on them & be disappointed with how i look.

I am hoping to see a little difference.I am also making changes to my diet no bread,no juice,limiting chocolate intake (there is no way i could cut it completely out) & generally trying to eat more fruit & veg & to not just eat for the sake of eating!.

So wish me luck,heres to a thinner me!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well done Haileysmum!! The first step is the hardest and you’ve done that so fair play to you. It will get easier from here on in….

Try and do a little walk today and stretch your muscles as they may be a bit tight after yesterday and then tomorrow try do another DVD.

Plonk baby in a chair and let her look at you – she will be well entertained!

I was sore and tired and very grumpy for the first few days of bootcamp but after a few days of cutting down on biscuits, chocolate, crisps, bread etc the cravings start to settle down and I started to feel better.

If I want a treat I’ll have a 2 finger kit kat or some biscuits – I am really liking Nairns oat chocolate chip biscuits, they’re yummy. If I feel like crisps, I’ll have a handful of nuts instead. I have also been munching on mixed nuts like pistacios, cashews, halzelnuts & walnuts. They come in a mixed bag in most supermarkets and are yummy.

I have also been having natural yoghurt with chopped strawberries and raspberries and a handful of pine nuts in it. This is really nice and a good alternative to the ice cream I would usually have!!

Lots of water is so important and cut down on tea/coffee (I still have a cappuccino every other day, I love them and am not giving them up!). I have replaced pasta with rice and adding more veg into the dinners I am making.

Just a few changes can make such a difference..

Good luck and if you feel like giving up think about the photos!

We will be 10 years married the weekend after I finish bootcamp and that is really motivating me!

laura

If you are looking for a good fitness dvd the Davina and Nell Mcandrews are the best ones out there

Anonymous
    Inactive

So i weighed myself today & i have lost 3 pounds woohoo!….am really delighted to see my hard work is paying off as i was feeling sorry for myself having raw carrots & pumkin seeds for snacks!.

I have been doing a different exercise dvd every second day that works a different part ofthe body,so keeping up with variety.I am going for an hour walk then on the other days.

I am really motivated to keep going now & look ok in the christening photos…..just over 2 more weeks….hopefully i will shift a bit more of my excess weight before then.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you are looking for a good fitness dvd the Davina and Nell Mcandrews are the best ones out there

Thanks for that tip Laura

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haileys christening is on sunday & i have managed to lose 6.5lbs so im very happy with that as thats practically a half a stone & it was really quite manageable in the end….once i got myself up off the couch!

If anyone else is thinking of trying to lose some weight….if i can do it so can you 😀 …I actually found having the goal of the christening worked as i had something to aim for & it kept me focused on what i was trying to achieve.

Taylor5

Well done you, i only seen this post today. Keep up the good work and i hope the christening goes well

Jedt
    Keymaster

thats great – I am delighted for you!! its harder to make the decision to do it than to actually do it. once you feel the weight coming off its so rewarding

6.5lbs is practically a small baby so thats no mean feat!!

I have lost a stone in bootcamp over the past 5 weeks and 6 inches off my waist. its amazing, im loving it!! 😀

Keep it up – and thanks for posting, you’ll inspire others!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

WOW Sabbi a stone,thats brilliant…..im only half way towards that….Ill have to keep going now so that in the very near future (i hope) I can say that i too have lost a stone!

Yvonne

Thats fantastic Haileysmum – well done to you! What a great idea to hire the dvds out from the library too!

Sabbi, a stone is fantastic too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haileys christening went a lot better than i expected!, i was having nightmares of her screaming & crying for the whole service,but half way through she fell into a deep sleep & didnt even wake up when the water was poured over her head!.

We then had food in my parents house & the sun shone so everyone was able to eat in the garden & it all went well.

Its funny that Hailey was in no way aware that this special day was all for her but thats how it goes!

munchin
    Participant

well done Haileysmum delighted too that the christening went well sounds like a lovely day

Anonymous
    Inactive

My new goal is – that I will be going back to work in 3 weeks,so i dont want my colleagues thinking to themselves that i am still carrying a lot of baby weight!!

So I am going to try & continue with my eating of less junk,exercising more & generally being more active & hopefully more weight will come off.

Anyone else out there trying to lose weight?….

Jedt
    Keymaster

Fair play to you haileysmum, its not easy but once you get into it, you kind of get used to not eating rubbish and you also get used to exercising and you start to miss it if you dont do it.

Tomorrow is the last day of the 6 week bootcamp already – I cannot believe its over already, it has flown by!

I have lost over a stone and lost 6 or 7 inches off my waist and I am delighted with myself and I definitely plan to keep going to get rid of the rest of this baby weight.

Its just about making eating well and exercising part of your lifestyle – I will be going to someclasses at LabFitness once this is over and will be doing the Davina DVD’s at home and some walking/jogging with baby too.

I feel very motivated to keep going having seen the results I got in the past 6 weeks – we can keep egging each other on and maybe some other mammies will join in too!!

munchin
    Participant

fair play Haileysmam it is tough to get into the habit of it all but once you start seeing results it’s def worth it
    Well done Sabbi – you’re worked so hard but to see a stone off in 6weeks is blooming brilliant well done.
    I started (again)begining of last week but i’ve made a rule "30mins min of some sort of exercise at least every other day" and i’ve stuck to it – even got up at 5.55am this morning to do the Davina DVD as i knew i wouldn’t have time this evening and i wouldn’t get out for a walk at lunch time and i’m chuffed i did it. I don’t really like Davina BUT her DVD is great really enjoy the work out. My mam told me this am that she can see my efforts in my shape – i think she’s lying really and just trying to boost my spirits and keep me going but i’m glad she said it all the same. I’ve also made some changes in eating habits, trying to eat main meal earlier in the day rather than at 7pm or later 🙄 cutting out snacks or at least trying to make them healthy snacks
    Reading how well you’ve both done has given me the kick to get moving i know i can do it i’ve done it before just have to stick with it this time!! so Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.