I’ve been styled!!

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! I’ve been styled!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I took the plunge and went to see the Marshes personal stylist, Caroline, on Sunday. I did not really know what to expect but have to say, it was a lovely experience.

I had a chat with her about what I was looking for (a dress for day wear, fancy but not too fancy and a dress for a special night out I’ve got coming up – fancy and funky!). I had a modest budget and asked her not to go above 50 quid on any dresses she helped me pick and try on. She asked me some questions about my size etc before we met and when we got started, I realised she had already been around the shops and had put items aside for me.

When we walked into the shops, Caroline was known by the staff and they were so quick to smile at me and help us carry the items to the changing rooms and offer us assistance.

I tried on loads of clothes, dresses, tops, skirts – loads and many kinds that I would not have picked out myself.

She had me all sorts of colours and fabrics and she knew how to work with my big bust and short legs to make me look my best.

Aftertrying on lots of dresses, I finally picked two that I just loved. I felt comfortable in them and they looked great on. Caroline agreed that these were the best of the lot so I got both of those. They both came from River island were 40 euro each.

I was delighted with myself, I felt so special the way the staff treated me and the way Caroline looked after me.

This is a completely free service provided by Marshes for their customers and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Really well worth doing. Especially if you don’t know which colours and styles best suit your shape and skin tone. I enjoyed it so much.

I plan to do it again next year and work on getting some casual looks together.

It was a bit like off the rails without the cameras – for me and anyone shy about their lumps & bumps, its perfect!! :D

Yvonne

Thats great to hear Sabbi! I definitely want to do this too.. might do it before Christmas to get myself and outfit for Christmas Day – need all the help I can get as I have no confidence at all for buying clothes!

Jedt

I am very self conscious about my belly area – my legs I am quite happy with (4 months of being kicked up the arse in Labfitness 2-3 times a week will work wonders for legs!) and I don’t mind wearing short dresses but I need some room around my belly area and Caroline helped me find dresses that did exactly that. But they accentuate my waist, which is great because they make me look slimmer, without me having to hold me belly in all the time!

They are the perfect styles for me, I am so happy in them and Caroline is really lovely – she makes you feel comfortable straight away. she is not like Gok or Trinny & Susannah, shoving her hands in your bra or any of that nonsense, she is respectful and sweet.

After trying on many many outfits, here is what I got:
    We agreed on this dress for my brother’s engagement party: http://www.riverisland.com/women/dresse … ess-626148

And the other one for Christmas day with some fab chunky silver jewellery and patent leather charcoal shoe boots! So happy with what she helped me pick out, I would never have picked those dresses myself: http://www.riverisland.com/women/dresse … ess-628127

For a free service its really brilliant.

Yvonne

Like you I am happy with my legs, its the belly and boobs that are the problem!!!

Really like those dresses!!, love the second one, that would be something I would like! Great prices too!

Looks like it will be definitely worth doing! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.