I’m biting the bullet and getting the boys christened!!!!

Home Forums Weddings, Christenings, Communions, Confirmations etc I’m biting the bullet and getting the boys christened!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Girls all advice welcome on christenings, I know where Im getting my cake, where Im having the meal all I need to do it book a date (have to have baptisim cert into school before March)
    Where I need help is the clothes, ds1 is 4 and ds2 will be 1 in October…. any advice from anyone who has seen an older child getting christened. There isnt a snowballs chance of getting all white, please advise
    Thanks

libby1
    Participant

Their best clothes will do, i think

yummymummy

Yeah i agree with libby, a nice outfit (that they will wear again) will do the trick. There is no rule to say that they have to wear white!

Happymammy

Batman and robin outfits definitely !!!! 😆

Taylor5

PMSL…. no it will be transformers all round 🙄 He wants to dress as the Emperor from Starwars for halloween….. could do for the christening too 😆 😆 😆

Does it not have to be white?

yummymummy

i’ve never heard a"rule" where is has to be white!!!!!

dunno if i should name names but someone on her had their child baptised this year and they just wore normal clothes.

its not as if wearing white is going to make a child more purer or whatever.

look at weddings, who says you have to wear white….no one, think its the same with baptisims, its just the done thing.

put on them what ya like (although i dont recommend dress up outifts lol )

Taylor5

I hope that person pm’s me and gives me advice….

Dart Vader now that would be good 🙄 😆 😆 😆

Almae

I know when i got dd christen we were told by the priest dd did not have to be wearing a white gown , but if there was a shawl or candle that was white used that would be nice. so we went with champagne short dress and white blanket that sat on the seat the whole way thru the christen

hth

Yvonne

Thats great Taylor!
    Think good clothes will be perfect for it… I know the older child that got christened last year wore a nice dress….

scole1

don’t think really matters have a word with the priest, you could even get them both the same outfit so that they are matching for their special day…i know in oz my dh’s son got babtised at 2yrs old they are of greek decent and he hd white shirt black trousers and black waitscoat….

so check but i doubt they expect them to wear white and white robes, i just think it’s sort of tradition that’s stuck iykwim….but maybe dressing them the same…dunno….

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Taylor,

When I had my son christened I got him a nice outfit from Next. It was a special christening outfit but not a dress. It was a cute little top & trouser in a cream silky kind of material. It was comfortable and not too girly. And it was not very expensive either. It was grand for the day and he looked adorable in the photos. I just did not want to put my son in a dress but I wanted something nice and this worked a treat.

I think they Next some christening stuff in their latest catalogue. Might be worth a look…

Good luck!!

scole1

i’m hoping if it fits to have my ds2 in my robe i was christened in, ds1 was christened in my dh robe and had my shawl this time will be my robe and dh’s shawl…so that both families have had use and traditions…

munchin
    Participant

i’d ask the priest i know when Eve was chrsitened recently he did refer to the white of her shawl standing for purity – and he did refer to her clothes BUT i don’t thinkit’s as big a deal as it used to be. I’d just ask him when your booking the church.
    Scole both dd’s used my chrsitening robe but it’s not in great shape so i had little "party" dresses for them for after the church(and holding them in the robes aint easy) and my mother made a shawl for dd1 which they both used.

angelmum

hi taylor my sister had her little boy christened recently and he wore a nice beige trousers and a white shirt.they dont have to wear white but you do need a white blanket for them,not even a christening blanket just a white one.

Taylor5

Thank you for that…. just need to book it now 😳 ds2 will be 1 next week and ds1 is 4 and a bit 😳 😳 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.