I love this weather because..

Home Forums National Chat I love this weather because..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The children are out playing in the snow…..when its just cold they huddle indoors but once it snows they appear out of the woodwork.20 houses in our estate and all the children were out making one big snowman together, my daughter came in to get a carrot and they stopped the coalman making a delivery to give them some coal for his buttons and eyes :D. So old fashioned and like days gone by.

A great excuse to make a big pot of potato and leek soup and its scoffed by everyone…can’t beat it in cold weather. And the real fire, can’t beat it to warm everyone up on a cold night.

Jedt
    Keymaster

We threw snowballs this morning.

Then we had soup with crusty bread for lunchand hot chocolate in the afternoon with crushed up flake melted into it. So indulgent and so yummy!!

Then, we snuggled up on the couch and watched silly TV this evening. Being forced to stay inside is nice….we get to chill out and be together without the door bell going every 5 minutes!!!

Thats the good side of it….and its nice to see the good, its hard on some people of course but its nice to make the most of it and do nice things together

libby1
    Participant

The children are so happy playing out,, they come in have hot baths and we have hot cholate and cuddle up on sofa watching dvd’s.. around our open fire…..

We feed the birds with extra warm food and plenty of liquid…
    Its great for looking after others – checking with the neighbours especially older ones

Thank god for the electric blanket
    We need to be extra safe on the road… slow down

Its a picturesse scene

I might not love the weather tomorrow, my bil, wife and baby are coming to Ireland for 10 days – if they cann’t travel to Glenageary – guess were they are staying????

happymumblemum
    Participant

Love it and hate it in equal measures

Love the schools being closed and the excitement of the kids as they get another day to build snowmen 😀 Funny how in this age of hi- tech games, nothing brings them more pleasure than being out in the snow, building a snow man 😀

Love snuggling in the front room spying out the curtains looking at the snow coming down (evokes nice memories of being a kid and feeling so happy to see the snow)

Sadly given my evening job, I am often driving in bad conditions after Midnight and get quite afraid, being out and about when other people are safe in their houses..quite scary last night driving in to Dublin, the radio would have had us believe Armegeddon was coming. " Everyone try and get home as soon as you can..massive snow fall is coming at 5 pm 😯 :shock:…I was like yeah go home right I am just going in arrghhhhh 😆

hjs

Since sat i hav LOVED the fact that the gang of kids by me have had all day endless fun sliding around the roads on the estate on a couple of "for sale signs" – best use for them!!!

love the simple, back to basics, FREE fun!!!

Taylor5

HMM i love that sitting all cuddled up watching the weather…. my dh started work at 8pm last night (first night) i was up the wall worried, think he felt a bit sad leaving the house and missing bedtime etc.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Its tough alright leaving the house in the evening, especially in the dark winter months..it kills me sometimes driving off to work in the dark looking thorugh peoples windows as they cosy down for the night, and watching the look on my dh face as I can read his mind ( thank god I dont have to go out in the rain / snow/ thunder/)….I never get any sympathy.. just a see ya later 😆 😆 😆

Cant complain it puts money in the coffers 😆 😆 plenty of nights when I am not in work 😆 😆 😆

I am a real snuggle bum though..can’t beat a warm room. telly, throw, box of sweets and good telly 😆 Finishing up on 18th this year both of us so plenty of days to enjoy before the grind starts again..dh not back till the 6th ish so LET IT SNOW 😆

hjs

Not that I thinbk you can really put a huge load of store in this but someone just told me they were told by the butcher that the long-range forecast acc to radio forecaster was for this weather to be set on and off til FEBRUARY!

So u may got a lot of practice at perfecting those cosy nights, ladies. ❗ ❗ ❗

Financial Companion
    Participant

I texted a friend of mine in Australia a pic of my two bichons playing in the snow (camouflaged lol) and she texted back a pic of her and hubby relaxing in the pool attached to their apartment in 29 degrees! 😕

I think a nice big pot of steaming stew is in order! 😉

hjs

My dd leaving Sydney in next 24 hrs bound for LHR then Dub via HK – she won’t know what’s hit her – all the pics the family posting up on fb of her, she’s all t-shirts’n’tan!!!

Financial Companion
    Participant

You’ll have to turn your heating up to allow her to re-aclimatise HJS 😉

Taylor5

You’ll have to turn your heating up to allow her to re-aclimatise HJS 😉

Hope you get your stove fitted soon Hjs, i might have mine NEXT WEEK!!!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆 SNOW SNOW SNOW…. FECK dh on night, he will just have to cope 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 I wont light the fire until he is gone 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

The snow falling now is really light and fluffy – I know this because my crazy husband just carried in a snowball and asked me to feel it….you can imagine what happened next…..we made him go onto the decking and we all stood at the back door in our pajamas and threw ‘light & fluffy snowballs’ at him.

This is one thing to love about the weather, it brings out the fun in grown up’s. The kids were all laughing their heads off ( as was I… 🙄 ) so funny!!! 😀 😀

Yvonne

I love sitting in beside a roaring fire looking out while cuddled up on the couch watching a film… great not having to go anywhere!

Anonymous
    Inactive

a lot to be said for taking life a little ‘slower’ and stopping to smell the roses. 😀 But def watch out for older and vulnerable people….can be tough even on mums and dads with very young children to get out and about. Its fun when they are walking but mad with a buggy on ice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.