I just got a real bargain on insurance!! Im thrilled!!!!

Home Forums National Chat I just got a real bargain on insurance!! Im thrilled!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Happymammy

Hi gang

I have been trying to get insured on my partners car its a Merc clk (i hate it i can barely get in and out of it with the bump!!) almost impossible to get insured as i have a provisional or so i thought!
    I shopped around and i got a brilliant quote from insure.ie, i also got really cheap house insurance. Worth a look anyway. Just wanted to let you all know. You can go online a get a quote first. I actually saved myself €800!!!! FOR A CHANGE!

Taylor5

god must look at them for my house insurance, it just came in at 650euro, hope to get a few bob off it.

rossylisa

i got my car insurance of them to happy

Happymammy

Hi

€650!!!!! Are you mad! Mine came in at €230 per year, thats €280000 rebuilding costs as we paid €330000 for our house and also €25000 contentscover with €120 access Excellent price. 😀

scole1

your joking really……my god gonna check them out to me thinks…..must root all my stuff out and see what i have….god that sounds great…

Taylor5

Ours is coved for 380K to rebuild and the contents are down for about 80K…. we have a good bit of stuff down like rings, watches and earings etc (this costs about 150euro or more a year)

But will check them out

Happymammy

Do you never know! 🙂

scole1

when you’re valuing our house do you put what it’s costing to sell….in order to rebuild as when we got our insurance with the mortage 4 years ago they valued at what we bought it for but we’ve never updated since then…..did a quote today for what would be selling for today and got an even better quote and lots of extras like higher contents cover garden furniture and jewlery etc…..

but a bit confused what you put for alrm service we have eircom but not too sure what ya put that as it have a load of different ones to choose from….

scole1

oh and do ya have to pay up front or can ya do direct debit….

Happymammy

No the re building costs are what it would cost to rebuild basically. So if you bought your house for €300000 4 years ago then it would cost about €270000 to re build it. The builder had obviously added on his extras. To be honest most 4 bed detatched houses (like mine) that are timber framed would re build for about €100000!!!!! 🙄

Taylor5

Happy your contents arent very much… you might find your under insured…. just think if you had to replace every pair of knickers, sheets, furniture etc… 25k wouldnt go very far.

I got a few quotes 380 buildings and 125 contents….. they came in at 700 going up to 1200. So im sticking with fbd for my house, but the 30plus is great for car insurance

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.