I feel like a newbie!

Home Forums Introduce Yourself I feel like a newbie!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hawkeye

Hi Folks, With name changes and compliance things happening, had to seperate me the person from the Financial Companion side of things!

(Just in case anyone thought I won that large euromillions jackpot and vanished! :lol: )

scole1

loving the name hawkeye suits ya…lol….keeping the hawk’seye on the money…. 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

No didnt think that… unless you changed into a big fat English man since the last time I seen you.
    Welcome back and i like the name

Hawkeye

Thanks girls 😉

Name was given to me by a co-worker in my very first job (she said I missed nothing! 😆 ) and it stuck! (And then it was my "call handle" on CB radio 😯 Errrrrrrr…….for all you younger people, that was before mobiles and personal computers! 😆

Taylor5

Hahahaha… all my friend and i had CB’s in our cars, we did have phones but cheaper to chat on the airwaves as we buzzed about 😆 😆 😆 I think i still have it in the attic, i must dig it out for the crack

Hawkeye

See!! That makes you really young the fact that you had phones at the same time!! 😆 There wasn’t even a sniff of mobiles when we were on CB. The only person that could make a call while driving then (apart from CB) was Captain James T Kirk! (And even he had to be on the right side of the planet! 😆 )

Ah memories 😉

Taylor5

I had a handfree car kit 19 YEARS AGO!!! Dont even have one now!!! I was sitting at the lights one day talking to my friend on the phone and pissing myself laughing, the woman in the car beside me thought i was a fruit cake talking to myself and laughing…..i was morto, i picked the phone up so i didnt look mental 😆 😆 😆 😆
    Dont think your that much older them me, im an early 70’s baby

Anonymous
    Inactive

I won’t say welcome back Dave as we never lost you but hello to the new name.

And what happened to the youtube clips?

Hawkeye

Thanks Admin! Yeah I forgot about the youtube clips, must dig out a few, just on the road a lot more these days so not at the PC as much!

Taylor, my first "mobile" was also a car phone (couldn’t take it out of the car, had to divert it to a landline when I got to a location!) and had many of those looks thinking I was a lunatic (actually, maybe that wasn’t about the phone 😯 😆 ) and always picked up the phone so they knewyou hadn’t lost it completely! Early 70’s?? Think I was buying my first record by then! 😆 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.