HUGE childcare dilemma!!!!!!!

Home Forums National Chat HUGE childcare dilemma!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    yummymummy

Ok just found out yesterday that the afterschool/ creche/summercamp my ds goes to for the past 3 years is closing friday week. He only goes every 3rd week after school so my x has arranged to change his 3rd week late shift back to earlies in september as there is no other place in the area that does pick up form his school!!!
    My HUGE dilemma is now I am faced with no childcare arrangements for the summer or school holidays once he goes back in september!!!!!
    I need somewhere for him for the summer starting from 13th july!!!! He is 7 and I know there are loads of crecehs etc in Drogheda but they dont really cater for kids his age!!!
    I need help, and quickly. Has anyone any ideas of what places has older kids attending or any personal recommendations. I have no clue as i have only ever dealt with this place and his playschool which he was at for 2 years before he went to big school!
    And im not critising anyone here but my persoanl preference wouldnt be for a childminder, I want a creche/summer camp facility with lots of kids to keep my ds stimulated during the summer months!

PLEASE HELP :( a very stressed out mammy :)

yummymummy

Anyone have any persoanl dealings with The magic kingdom?? its beside the westgate gym????

munchin
    Participant

oh yummy no wonder you’re in a bad mood
    i really don’t know the drogheda area all that well so others will probably have more info than me
    bright horizons (well our one) run a summer camp and they also run a flexible after school / holiday service. I know there is a bright horizons in Grange Rath have no idea if location is any good to you but it’s worth a try
    Good luck missus hope you get sorted soon

yummymummy

thans munch was just reading about them on this site there but the southside just isnt of any use to me at all, my x works on the northside and its just so much hassle to get up the other side to collect him on time (am very limited moneywise so he would need to be in and out on the hour ) haha!

Yvonne

Yummy, thats a pain in the arse for you – hope youget sorted soon. Unfortunately I have no idea where you could try…, but hope you get sorted soon.

Taylor5

Yummy I used the magic kingdom a few times (was in westgate) always found it great and ds loved it and the girls were really really nice

kasia

we got the flyer to the door from magic kingdom – in westgate – they are organising a summer camp from 30th of june till 25 of august.
    they also enrolling for sept for after school care etc.

yummymummy

thanks girls!! went up to have a look yest and was pleased with it so going to send him there for the summer!
    they have loads of activites arranged and ds is really looking forward to it, especially going to the fire station hahaha boys will be boys 🙂

huge relief to have it sorted i tell ya!!!!!

Gismo

I know there is a place in the highlands if that would suit?

Yvonne

Thats great that you got sorted Yummy! I;m sure you are over the moon!!

Gismo

Sorry only read your other post now yummy great you got it sorted 😆 😆

yummymummy

its ok gis hahahaha

thanks girls, yeah all sorted he going from 14th july till end of august, bit more expensive than his other place but my x said he would pay the difference so i was chuffed with that!!!!!

Yvonne

Even better! 😆

yummymummy

well he was about to pull the " im buying a house" lark with me and cant afford it till i looked at him and was like eh yeah right and im not u dope!!!! what could he say then!!!! hit him with the school book bill as well hahahahaha feck it, never get anything off him.

Taylor5

Ah thats great news Yummy, as far as I remember the kids have fit classes up in the gym in some mornings.
    I cant remember the girls name but I think its two sisters who run it, one girls is a large build girl and might be late 30’s (think her name was Anne) but she is brilliant with kids, my ds took to her like a duck to water.

On another topic how much did the book list work out at?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.