How much physical activity is needed for health?

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness How much physical activity is needed for health?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The Irish guidelines for healthy adults are a minimum of 30 mins of moderate intensity (brisk walking) aerobic exercise on 5 or more days per week this 30 mins can be accumulated.
    Health Tips
    If you are new to exercise the 30mins can be broken down to 3 bouts of 10 mins
    Choose an activity you enjoy and have fun
    Be a role model for your kids, if they see you being activity they are more likely to model this. The guidelines for children are 60 mins on most if not all days of the week and it should be a mixture of moderate (slightly breathless)/vigourous (breathless) intensity.
    Try not to focus too much on weight loss, instead be positive and know that you are becoming more healthy and improving your quality of life. Try to focus on maintaining your weight as you get older which is more realistic than weight loss.
    Try to do physical activity more often simply put more minutes more often
    I hope this helps, if you have any questions in relation to health and well-being feel free to send me a message.
    Larissa Atkinson BSc, GP Referral, Cardiac Rehab, Health & Wellness Coach at http://www.fitwell.ie

alex07

I think regular exercise is must than too much exercise. Giving your 25 minutes daily to keep you fit and fine is not a big deal. Finding an exercise partner is also a good thing to make your exercise interesting and regular.

REgards,
    http://www.medexpressrx.com

Taylor5

i do agree Alex07 as long as its fun and you have a buddy makes it half the battle…
    kids exercise when they dont even know it, running after the dog, chasing a bouncy ball, pillow fights, jumping on the bed… and thats all before 10am 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.