How much for Childcare?

Home Forums National Chat How much for Childcare?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ladies, i am just looking at an option of someone minding the boys during the school time for 1 hour every day 4 days per week. The boys would be dropped at her house every day after school. They would both be 7 by the time this would start. How much would you expect this to cost? Would it be €10/hour????? so €40 per week?

The boys are in creche full time during the hols and i have no idea how the price compares.

super minder

i know i charge 6 euros per child per hour . thats because i get taxed and pay insurence etc. hope that helps

scole1

i think that would be acceptable to be very honest afterall it’s only an hour, and they aren’t babies….

did ya get someone?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi scole, i have met a lady recently where i put the boys on the school bus and she has been minding kids for years. Just asked her this morning and she said to both think about it. Think she would be reasonable but dont want to insult her either. Its would be an extra cost to us each week at this point would go for it, DH absolutely shattered, in work in Tallaght at 5am at the moment, so to bed by 8pm and asleep on the sofa for most of the weekend. Cant remember the last time he went off for a game of golf………i know a wofe encouraging her husband to go play 😆

scole1

yeah lai but you can’t have all work and no play so yeah if he can go golfing sure why not….

i know what you mean ref not wanting to insult, i’m sure 10e is acceptable go back to her and see what she says, also what do you do regards school holidays?? when they are off for a full day do you have something sorted for that, sorry sounds like i’m being nosey i’m sure you’ve got it sorted out….

libby1
    Participant

Example

Presently my bb picks the kids from school – 2 different schools close by , and minds them until from 3:00pm — 4:45pm

Some weeks 3 days other weeks 4 days

I pay her €80 regardless of days
    my dd is 8 and my ds is 11

Taylor5

drop them around to me…. Ds1 will be on the school bus from september

Anonymous
    Inactive

From Sept, the boys will be getting the bus home, the bus will drop them outside M’s house with other kids at 3pm and then DH will picked them up by 4.
    The bus is our life saver, if Dh changes his hours, he wont be home to collect the boys and i would need to take an hour off in the middle of the afternoon and bring them to creche and that wont work.
    The plan is that they will go to creche for the school holidays etc..
    From what i am reading €40 for the 4 days seems ok!
    Taylor/Scole1 you guys heard from the schools yet, where will DS’s be going?

Taylor5

Did they not get the bus this year? Im looking to send ds1 on the bus in September… i know lorrenzo next door is going on the bus was talking to his mum about it and she said they are fine… my worry would be him putting his seat belt on.
    58 offers going out of Friday, ds wont be in this group as he is in the 70’s or 80’s….. the first offers have until the 26th to reply to the school. Then on the 1st of March the second set of offers will go out, it went to the 8th offer last year and kids up to 130 on the list were offered places… i think there are nearly 200 kids on the list looking for one of hte 58 spaces.
    But they think alot of parents have names down in two or three schools so they cant really judge how the lists will go…. so its a waiting game!
    fingers cross and i’ll be praying he gets a space somewhere 😯 😆 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Taylor i assume you are refering to Le Cheile?
    The boys got the bus to the gaelscoil and now get the bus to Whitecross. They dont get the bus home now becuase the bus only runs once per day and that is at 2:40, Junior/Senior Infants finish at 1:40.
    Is this a private bus for Le Cheile, as you wont automatically qualify for the school transport scheme as Le Cheile isnt your nearest school. For the boys going to Whitecross i didnt qualify and applied to pay the fare. The bus doesnt go near the Dublin Road i met it on route. It costs me €400 for the year for the bus for the boys

super minder

my son got free bus to le cheile this was his first yearon the bus as hes in 3rd class and moved schools .

if you dont get the free bus and have to pay. you get tax back at the end of the year.
    hope that helps. im in meadow view and take afterschool kids.

Taylor5

Lai did you move the boys to Whitecross?

you neighbour kids get the free bus to le cheile was only talking to her about it about 2 weeks ago…. im going to send him on the bus regardless dont want to drag ds2 out of the house everyday, hated having to drive to his playschool in bettystown

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes moved the boys to Whitecross in January and they are settling in great.
    I would check with the bus, this can be a mine field and to be honest i would be lost without it. It gives the kids great independence. The boys bus is like the one in Spiderman, so extra novelty

Taylor5

Oh didnt know that, you were lucky to get them in…. as long as they are happy!

I had the boys down for the Irish school but took their names off last week, dont think it would be the best option for this family. Whitecross is a great school

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.