How much do i pay a babysitter?

Home Forums Minder Finder How much do i pay a babysitter?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Hi All,

I have a 16 year old local girl coming to mind my ds tomorrow afternoon & i’m wondering what to pay her, does anyone know what the going rate is?

Is it different during the day to at night because if it works out ok then i would like to start getting out for a drink again on a Saturday night and ask her to babysit?

I asked her what she usually gets paid but she was real bashful and said it varies depending on amount of children & thier ages but wouldn’t answer the question, she is said what ever i want.

I wouldn’t like to underpay her as her mother is a friend & as i said i want it to be a regular thing but at the same time i don’t want tooverpay her & start a rate that she expects all the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

kcireland

Hello Edel,

my tuppence worth … paid our babysitter €7/hr.
    she seems happy to come back each time.
    we usual tip when she babysits at night … always very grateful when we could get out for a few pints 😀

MaryE

Thanks for that, it is good to know. I think €7 is about right. What does everyone else think??

Taylor5

Edel does this young girl want anymore work in the area?

pinkbabe

Edel I would ask her mum (some omum don’t want their children having a lot of disposable cash)

I would say 5 euro an hour during the day & 7 @ night is about right

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.