How long

Home Forums National Chat How long

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    pinkbabe

How long do u let a ‘bug’ go before u get worried

Lauren has been vomiting on & off for nearly a week, she was sick sat wed & again tonight. She seems fine durin the day but is destroying her bedroom puking in her sleep :(

star

pinkbabe i would take her to the dr a week is a long time for a vomitting bug generally a bug like that should only last 2-3 days

Taylor5

Pink a child should only be left 24 hours, an Adult a bit longer…..
    Try keep her topped up with fluids every 10 mins or so and only let her eat foods like mash potatos, pasta, boiled rice etc… mild plain white foods.
    I would think she would need to visit the gp by now, but it could also be an emotional issue. Could she be being bullied in school or something, or could she be worried about anything
    The poor mite, hope she picks up soon

rossylisa

pink my niece wasthe same last week my sis brought her to the d doc and he told her he couldnt give her anything because of her age to just try and keep her hydraded …… my sis ended up in temple street with her she had the vomiting bug it is going around and if she is no better than bring her to the docs

Sinprey

hi pinkbabe.there are alot of nasty bugs at the moment.i would give her bland food maybe toast juice etc but i wouldnt be overly concerned aboutpushing fluids into her as she is schoolage (am i right)?and it should be quite obvious to you is she is dehydrated such as sleepyness,lifelessness.does she have stomach pain? it could also be related to her bowel or kidney infection.no harm to bring her to gp get her checked out.

pinkbabe

she seems more than fine again today

I have just given her half a cup of soup & some dry brown bread she’s had a bath & insisted on clothes not pjs when getting dressed.

My dr doesn’t sit on weekends & TBH I am sure I would be laughed @ by the oncall dr for bringing him out to a child who is sitting here on the floor playing a game.

Taylor I think u could be right & it may well be emotional (a child in her schools house burned down recently & that could be troubling her) she is a little worrier @ the best of times but doesn’t seem to want to talk about whatever it is.

I think I will leave her for the min & if she is sick again I will ring call out dr

pinkbabe

she’s sitting here watching santa clause the movie not a bother on here

I gave her a (watery) cup a soup & some dry toast for lunch coz shes starving she keeps telling me

Taylor5

Pink thats a good sign that she is looking for food….

The only reason I asked if it was emotional as the same thing started with my nephew 2 years ago. They had moved house and he changed school then his best friends brother (only 10 years old) got cancer.
    The kid with the cancer had a sore throat for weeks before they dignosed the cancer, at the sametime my younger nephew was waiting to get his tonsills out, D had stressed himself out and thought his little brother was going to be very ill too.
    Hestarted wetting the bed and getting sick, after a few days my sister got to the end of it, the poor child was worried to bits

pinkbabe

She seems grand durin the day so I wouldn’t be suprised if it was emotional.

I tried to ask her what the prob is & is she worried but she says no (liar liar pants on fire)

Taylor5

If she is worried about the fire, well she isnt going to tell you.
    At bedtime you could just say "We have smoke alarms and this stops houses going on fire" It a little white lie, but will do no harm

pinkbabe

Think I will try that maybe do the whole thumbs up on mondays thing with her to check the battery works n all

Taylor5

That reminds me we had to get new smoke alarms, ours are into the mains power and the downstairs one always gave trouble. Like setting off in the middle of the night, dh took it down and there was an expiry date on it…. we bought two new ones but he hasnt put them up yet.
    So we dont have one downstairs now only the old one up stairs, will have to get on to him about it 🙄
    Thanks for the reminder

pinkbabe

didn’t know they had expirey dates

must check how long landlord has mine in (I am here 3 years)

Taylor5

I dont think the battery ones do, but the mains powered ones have a Use by date one them 😯 😕

pinkbabe

Lauren just asked me about fires again so that must be whats troubling her
    u wouldn’t think it’d make her physically sick tho

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.