How long were your labours??

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents How long were your labours??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

How long was your labour??

If you had more than one baby, did they get shorter with each subsequent baby??

I had 9.5 hours on first, 6 hours on second, 7 hours on 3rd and 2.5 hours on 4th (that last one was speedy!!)

munchin
    Participant

I was induced at 7pm on Friday for dd1, up all night with back pain but waters didn’t break until around 8ish on Saturday morning. My blood pressure went through the roof as labour progressed and had epidural by lunch time but madam didn’t arrive until 8.40pm that night after emergency section & general anaesthetic

DD2 was planned section – no labour

Jedt
    Keymaster

Oh, that first one sounds really long. You must have been knackered!!

munchin
    Participant

was out of it totally all of the Saturday night – didn’t get to hold herself until the Sunday morning!! dd2 was soooooooooooooo different so much more calmeretc… and a much quicker recovery

chewieodie
    Participant

Induced with DS…. had gel at lunchtime….. then a few hours later "labour" started….. my waters had to be broken both times….. but he was born at 4.16am…..

My DD…. I woke up at about 5am with contractions…. headed to hospital at around 8am… and herself was born just after lunch at 1.35pm….

joeyrudd

11 hours on the 1st, 2hrs on the 2nd and 3rd, 3hrs on the 4th

lellykelly

Don’t really know from start to finish cause its hard to remember when it really started…..on my 3rd for example i went in for checkup to be told i was already 3cm but i knew nothing about it! My first was born 25minutes after arriving at hospital, my second 2 hours and my third in less than 10 minutes.

Yvonne

Induced on the first, gel at 10.30pm, labour started just after 11pm, delivery by section at 9.43am..

Second, started myself at home at 12.30am – DS was born at 7.55am

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.