how long usually for 2nd appt?

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents how long usually for 2nd appt?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    julymam

Just wondering how long other pg mams had between 1st appointment and 2nd in the hosp?

Jedt

my 1st appt was 13 weeks and 2nd 20 weeks I think. Then after that, its every 4 weeks until week 28, then every 2nd week and then from week 36, every week until you have your baby.

each hosp different but with busy waiting lists the times are a bit longer than they used to be between appts.

We had a home birth on our last baby, so had appt every 4th week from week 16, every 2nd week from week 28 and every week from week 36, all at home and just had two scans at hosp apart from the home appts.

HTH

julymam

Thanks siobhan i was thinkin mine was a long wait inbetween..ill be nearly 26wks at my nxt appt. and my first was at 13wks! Oh well i dont really mind, hate the wait so 1 less appt suits me fine 🙂

Jedt

are you doing shared care with your GP? this is a good option because it means you can visit your GP every second visit and there is less waiting around at the hospital. Maybe you could look into that? You need to fill in a form at your GP office to do that and we did this on our first 2 babies and found it very good.

As the appts are so far apart, if you do have any worries at all between appts. you can ring the hospital and speak to a midwife or go see your GP. all GP visits are free during pregnancy and for the first 6 weeks after so no worrying about hetfy GP charges!!

HTH – enjoy your pregnancy!

snowdrop

Hi Julymam, hope your keeping well. I had my first appt at 13 weeks and gp at 18 weeks.Next hospital one is the anonomly scan at 22 weeks but no consultant until 24 weeks.

Taylor5

julymum i didnt know you were pregant, congrats xxx

julymam

Yes sabbi im doing the combined care with my gp same as my first two. i knew i hadnt such a big gap before think the woman in admin prob made a mistake shouldve probably been end of jan and not feb! Im ok so far so if ive any worries ill give them a call thanks 🙂

Snowdrop im doin good thanks, lot of headaches though 🙁 how are u keeping? We dont get a second scan in olol 🙁 betvur looking forward to that 🙂

Thanks taylor im 21wks now…flying by!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.