How do i deal with this?

Home Forums National Chat How do i deal with this?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Liverbird

listen up. She didn’t say she was a Jehovahs Witness did she???? Because they are. They want you to become one too but are waiting for the right time to tell you. They g ive out their bibles and give you some of their magazines. They were callin to us for awhile, my husband got sick of and came out and said to them that we are catholics and we’re are not changing our religion and he shut the door. Yes i was mortified but they never called again. No offence to anyone who are Jehovahs Witnesses out there 😀

Taylor5

Jehovahs Witnesses? Whats the difference? Sorry im a bit thick on all this 😆 😆 😆 I thought they called in in suits?

Liverbird

Jehovahs are not dressed in suits they dress normally. They are catholic too but believe in god in a different way and their bible is not the same as ours.

missysmum

Trust your gut instinct……….if you think theres more to it there probably is! if you want them to stop calling i think you will probably have to spell it out for them, you dont have to justify it to them. Speak calmly and you wont come accross as being rude. if it was me i’d probably just thank them for the books etc and tell them that their visits are no longer required and you would just prefere that they didn’t call any more and maybe their time would be better spent elsewhere?
    HTH, its a tough one having to do it face to face.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There was a time, years ago, I wasn’t quite sure how to deal with this myself. But when you think about it you are talking with a complete stranger on your doorstep. So what if they are talking about God/religion. I wouldn’t share any, and I mean, any personal information with them. Just becasue they ‘talk’ about a religion should we be less wary.

One Saturday morning, myself and the children were watching videos of my other daughter who had died. We were all in our P.J’s sitting around watching them. About 12.30 our door knocked. I answered it to find 2 ‘gentlemen’ asking me how was I. I said nothing. Then, one said something along the lines of ‘oh I seeyour not dressed, must have been a late one last night’. A lot of assuming. He said do you ever think about the future. Well that finished me. I slammed the door shut. After that I just dont have any conversation. I just say politely, that I don’t discuss my religious beliefs with stranges on my front door, and close the door.

Taylor5

update… they called again today!!!
    I was in NO MOOD for them… was in rotten form and was expecting someone to call for lunch. seen the car and grabbed ds2 and hid in the kitchen and ignored the bell. But ds1 wasnt reading the same script and got into the window (sat on the ledge) and was looking out at them can calling me "mammy someones at the door" 😳 They rang about 6 times inbetween the postman called and they still didnt move 😈 Had to ring my friend to see if it was her at the door ringing the bell, she thought it was very very funny….. they gave up after about 10 mins 😈 😈 😈
    Dont like that shite, one ring and go away….. so its going tobe a big fat F**K OFF

Happymammy

Hahahaha Taylor tell them ur not interested just be honest if the penny doesnt drop then be rude all u want the next time around! My parents have a romanian girl calling to their house the past 6 years without fail every Fri afternoon! My dad genuinely feels responsible for her at this stage, he leaves her €5 on the key rack incase he isnt there!! What is he like! 😆 Im dyn to tell her to get stuffed because i know what she is up, weve come face to face a few times and ive told her to stop calling that he wont be giving her anymore money (well i was a little ruder than that 😆 ) but my dad is just so taken in by her sob story which is a load of bullsh*t, she has the best of footwear on under her rags. Im no fool i cant afford real UGG boots!!! 🙄 I tried to explain to my dad that they where a really expensive footwear and he just said "well the furry boots will keep her feet warm walking around the doors!!" 😆 😆 My dad he’s a little sweetheart 😀

Taylor5

okay can i have your dads address would love a fiver a week to go towards a pair of uggs 🙄 😆 😆 😆

There is one born everyday… did you hear your one on the joe duffy show, she bought a car from donedeal and put her money into a bank account before she got the car.. well she never got the car and her money was gone…. well no surprises there 🙄

beams

update… they called again today!!!

To be honest, you give these people an inch and they will take a mile …. subtlety is not the approach to use …. give her back her bible and say thanks not interested and please don’t call again – 😉 If not you could be like Happymammys dad – 6 years down the line …… 😯 ps i have a great website for the australian uggs got a lovely pair over christmas for 63 euro plus free gift of earrings !!! 😀

Hennypenny

dont mean to be rude n change the subject but can you give me that website for uggs,,,,,,,,

beams

have pm’d you 😉

Taylor5

i got no pm…

beams

Did u want the info….my crystal ball is on the blink 😉 😉 😆

Taylor5

Sorry just figured out the pm about the uggs 😆 😆 😆 Sorry my brain on the blink 🙄

beams

No worries – c u shortly 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.