House Insurance!!

Home Forums National Chat House Insurance!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Its not my best month for bills car tax 550, car ins 400 and house ins 949EURO :shock: :shock: :shock:

I made about 3 calls and a few online quotes and nobody came close on car ins… 25plus.ie best cover by far for the price.

Car tax have to pay…

House ins i was livid at the quote, made few calls today shocking quotes… im with insure.ie and i gave them a ring today, they had a look at my rebuild costs they are down about 100k in 2 years, they found me a quote for 540e. If anyone is due house ins have a look at what your rebuild costs are (not the sale price but the rebuild cost) I would recommend insure.ie. I cant complain with the 400 off the price, feel like i got my car ins for FREE :D :D :D :D :D

Financial Companion
    Participant

It’s so important to check house and car insurance comparisons every year. In terms of rebuild costs, they have come down a bit in recent years. One of the common calculations used to work it out is approx. €170 per square foot, so for example, if a house is 1300sq ft, a rebuild cost somewhere in the region of €220,000 would have you suffificently covered. Also, make sure when you’re comparing that you compare all of the other details, Is accidental damage included? What is the claim excess amount? How much contents cover? Is there all risks cover? (specified and unspecified). And remember, if someone decides to take a chance and under insure the buildings, it can have an effect on a claim. For example, if buildings should be insured for €200,000 and you have only covered €150,000, in the event of a claim for damage that could cost €20,000, most companies have a ratio clause that means they would only pay out €15,000.

Meohmy

Wow! Great to get 400Euro off.

Great advice there FC. I think people justrenew year on year and don’t check how things have changed. Big mistake!

pookie2

Likewise. Renewal E795 – current best is just under E400. Madness…..

Taylor5

FC im with in sure.ie and they worked out the build rate for me, the girl worked out the rebuild cost on 1600sqft house at 200k, she worked if off the cost of a rebuild in Galway, Cork was 195k and Dublin was 300k…. she said the cost in Drogheda would be equal to the Galway costs…

Financial Companion
    Participant

Taylor, based on actual charges for building in Drogheda area, we’d be closer to Dublin prices than Galway, so I’d be reluctant to drop too much. That works out at only €125 per sq ft, which has never been the case here. At €170 per sq ft it would be €272,000 which sounds about right if she said Dublin would be €300,000. I’d certainly be keeping it above €250,000 at 1600 sq ft. I’ll PM you with a couple of other numbers to try if you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.