HOUSE BREAK-INS & SECURITY PATIO DOORS

Home Forums National Chat HOUSE BREAK-INS & SECURITY PATIO DOORS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My poor sister had her house broken into last nite while they were asleep upstairs……she is shocked.

They took a lot….kids things too….even cigs out of her handbag. .

I am amazed how they got in. They screwed the lock off the patio sliding doors from the outside, took the handle off and then using a screw driver opened the door!!!!! So easy. There were wooden blinds on the doors doors but she heard nothing. They closed the door after them too so she didnt see from the inside of the house how they got in. The door was unlocked but no key and it threw her for a bit.

Just a bit of advice…garda advised getting locks that fit into the ground and up to the patio door fitted which is being done today.

Said 8 houses done around her last night. Its just so horrible to have your home invaded.

Mummy6

Happymammy

My mothers house was robbed last Firday night aswell. They locked the door behind them also! I was listening to Gerry Ryan the other morning and another couple from enfield had their house robbed while they where in their beds. Im actually hearing of a house a night at this stage! They are rampant! My mother rang me there and told me my sister was out her backgarden having a ciggy lastnight and she heard lads saying cmon cmon and she got up on a patio chair and looked over her back wall which was onto a laneway there was three lads jumping into a silver bmw and low and behold there was another house robbed. Thats about ten houses since my mothers was robbed. 😈 Makes me soo angry but im very nervous aswell. Im on my own for a couple of nights next week and i tell you im getting a friend to stay with me! 😯 If somebody came into my home with my two babies in bed i would have a nervous breakdown altogether! 🙁 My poor parents are gutted and are living on their nerves now they paid €950 for a top of the range alarm yesterday and its now fitted but we dont have that sort of money not this side of smas anyways!
    I hope your sister is ok, poor thing.The F***ers!

Happymammy

Also do you mind telling me where your sis lives just so we can be aware??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Houses were up the Ballymakenny Road area. Very porfessional break in …if u can call it that. I always tell everyone I know get an alarm fitted…….we have one but its money well spent for peace of mind at night. I know that if anything happens at least we’ll be woken up but I think the alarm is the big deterent anyway. Why break into a house with an alarm!!!!! Even during the day. I came home 2wks ago and alarm was set off. Least I knew….was a false alarm probably the dog. But I would be nervous and left baby in car and phoned my other half and told him to stay on the phone while I checked the house……..would hate walk in on it.

Mummy5

Happymammy

Ive often drove up my driveway and put the lights on full and left the kids in the car and went in myself and put the lights on!! 🙄 Im a nervo! Im gonna save up and get the alarm as soon as.

Moonflower

Oh thats terrible, every break in I have heard of since coming to Ireland has been houses without alarms….are there any that have been broken into with alarms?

A young lad knocked at our door last nite selling eircom wireless alarms…maybe they do a deal so you can pay later Happymammy???

scole1

i’d be a bit wary of buying from the door, hate that….there was a guy selling locks a year or so ago like chubb locks loads of people on our road got them and i thought no way i’ll get my own, never know could come back and try the lock and opens someone elses….
    they say too if ya watch beat the burglar if you’ve gates keep them closed as they make noise opening and if house secured by gates robber think how much more secured….
    i think having an alarm is worth it, we’ve eircom phonewatch but means that at all times the house is secure….peace of mind…

Moonflower

Yes Scole that what he was selling, he was from Eircom promoting the Eircom phonewatch system…i wouldnt recommend anyone buying an alarm from a door seller!!! you can find details out on their website….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its crazy how much information you find out after the burglarly…..her side gates made a racket when they were opened…..but the garda showed her how they give it one bang in a certain way and the lock slide silently open. She wondered why the noise of the sidegate didnt wake her up.

Something about the locks on the doors, especially patio doors. Where the key goes, if the barrell isn’t flush with the door they can prise it out from outside which is what they did. She got all lock barrells changed now. Also put in two bolts for the floor for a sliding patio door. Wasn’t very expensive at all compared to what I would have thought bout €150.

Good alarm systems out there………well worth the money….as I say the first thing anyone does after a burgularly is to put an alarm in. Put it in before you have to……..its money one way or another.

Mummy5

Anonymous
    Inactive

See, reading the local paper, that there were more break-ins in Ballsgrove using the same method of taking locks off patio doors and getting in that way while people slept at night.

Scary……just be careful. Seems to be a lot of it going on at the moment.

yummymummy

There was 3 houses done up in my mams estate, all houses had no alarms, got at the doors with visrips(sp?) scary stuff.

All this talk , im moving soon and house is pre wired for alarm, anyone know of a good company at a resonable price??

Anonymous
    Inactive

GREAT NEWS….THEY CAUGHT WHO DID MY SISTERS HOUSE….THEY DID BOUT 18 OTHERS AT LEAST. GUARDS HAVE ITEMS BUT SHE ONLY GOT 1 THING BACK OUT OF WHAT THEY HAD….HOPING THEY GET MORE.

LEAST THEY GOT THEM…………..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.