Hope for over 40’s wanna be first time mums

Home Forums Conception, Fertility, Multiples, Adoption & Fostering Hope for over 40’s wanna be first time mums

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Anyone over the age of 40 who is trying for a baby, may get some hope from hearing about this actresses happy news –

Beloved Home and Away star Emily Symons has revealed her dream to become a mum is finally coming true as she is 15 weeks pregnant with her first child.

Following a long battle to fall pregnant, the 45-year-old, whose character on the hit show also recently became a mum, is 15 weeks along after undergoing IVF, and is due to welcome her first child with partner, Paul Jackson, in August.

“I very much thought it couldn’t happen and I was too old,” she told The Daily Telegraph.

“I thought it would be impossible but it isn’t. I’d given up really, I thought I had tried every avenue that was available to us. My ­advice is to not give up if you’re feeling a bit­ ­overwhelmed by the whole ­process.”

Emily admits she was cautious to announce the news, after a number of failed IVF attempts, and risk factors surrounding her age had left her nervous.

However the star, who has played Marilyn on Home and Away for 25-years, wants others who are going through a similar struggle, to hang on there.

"My ­advice is to not give up if you’re feeling a bit­ ­overwhelmed by the whole process."

After failing to fall pregnant in her 30s, the actress split with husband Lorenzo Smith in 2005, and admitted in an interview in 2012 that she had come to the realisation she may never be a mother.

Emily has been dating the Sydney radio executive, who has three children from a previous relationship, for two years.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Lovely news ..grew up with her in home n away

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there, let me share here with you a site I’ve been using to track my ovulation period and I hope it could also help you. http://www.ovulation-predictor.org/

Jedt
    Keymaster

And sure, look at what happened to Caprice! She hired a surrogate because she had been trying for ages to get pregnant and then, when her surrogate was a few months pregnant she found out she was actually pregnant too! !

Now she has 2 children almost with the same birthday! I think she breastfed them both.

Great to know there’s hope for women starting families a little later in life!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.