Honey & Babies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sweetpea

Hi Ladies,
    Just a quick one. I am sure I read somewhere that you shouldn’t give babies honey until there are a least 4 or 5 yrs. Am I mad or did anyone else read or hear of this. I think it has something to do with infant botulism :shock: :shock: although I’m not sure what exactly that is it certainly doesn’t sound pleasent :shock: :shock:
    I am just going to GOOGLE it and see what is out there but just interested to hear if anyone knew anything personally
    Thanks

Taylor5

I give honey to ds. I did hear someone say pregnant woman shouldnt eat it, something to do with the spores in it

kasia

it should’t be given to children under 1. the rest you propably know already :))

Taylor5

God thats mad I remember my granny putting soothers into honey to make them suck the soothers

munchin
    Participant

yeah i’d heard the no honey under 1yr – was infact a chemist told me.

Sweetpea

Thanks guys, I googled it and I’m not sure where i heard the 4 -5yrs bit but anything so far on the web says not before 1 yr. Somethng to do with spores which are dangerous to an infants system which they cannot fight. Can actually be lethal 😯 😯 But after 1 yr there system has developed enough to fight off any threat .
    Thanks again

Jenny!!!

there is a danger that children can have a bee allergy i think…well thats what my mam told me when i asked her why. could have made it up just to be know all. 😆 😆

joey_rudd

theres a woman i know who was giving her baby honey all the time she’d keep a jar of it beside her and if the baby so much as whimpered she’s stick the soother in the jar and stick it in the babys mouth…the child was the size of a 5yr old when he was 3.

Jenny!!!

oh my god….thats pure laziness.my m.i.l. keeps giving out to me cos i wont put sugar on dd soother, she thinks i am being evil 🙄

joey_rudd

you’d rot the childs teeth before they’d gotten them with sugar….
    why is it when your parents get older they try to do exactly what they used to give out about other people doing, like they were never parents!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.