Hometherm- wall and attic insulation

Home Forums National Chat Hometherm- wall and attic insulation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Thinking of getting the walls and attic insulated. There is a 650 euro grant so it only works out at 1000 euro, it says 35% heat lost through the walls and 25% through the roof, my heating bills in the winter are about 450 to 500 euro!!! Would do anything to reduce my bills would love any feed back on anyone who is thinking of getting this done or has had this done
    Thanks

boo

My Mother, Sister and Aunt had it done a few years ago. Made a big difference to the heat in the house, especially my sisters house it is over 40 years old and had no insulation. Made a difference to the bills but I don’t know by how much.

My Aunt’s was around €1,000 for a semi in Brookville and as far as I remember it was around €1,200 for a 4 bed detached for wall insulation. So €1,650 sounds about right 3 or 4 years later and the attic done too.

Its prob worth getting it done soon in case an bord snip cut the grant, i’m thinking of getting it done too.

ed1
    Participant

My friends husband does this for a living……he did my MIL and the difference is amazing…..The name of his company is Warmfill, will PM you his number if you like…

Taylor5

Oh I think I seen that name somewhere…. pm me the number please but the guy from hometherm is lovely, cant do any harm to compare prices….

Dh has a big face on him and isnt too into having holes drilled into the house 🙄 I think its great and if it cuts down my MASSIVE gas bills I’d be happy……… Told my mum I wanted it done and dh had a moan on him, she said she would pay for it to be done as a present to the kids, I think she thinks I wont be putting my gas on this winter 🙄 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.