homemade playdough recipe????

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment homemade playdough recipe????

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    scole1

anyone got a recipe for salt dough or home made playdough…

kid of want one that i can make and then dries hard iykwim to make things…

rossylisa

1 cup cold water
    1 cup salt
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    2 cups flour
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    Food coloring

In a large bowl, mix together water, salt, oil and a few drops of food coloring. Mix flour and cornstarch and add 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly (you may need a little more or a little less than 2 cups flour so make sure you stir in until it is the right consistency). Knead for a few minutes with flour on your hands.

rossylisa

1 cup cold water
    1 cup salt
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    2 cups flour
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    Food coloring

In a large bowl, mix together water, salt, oil and a few drops of food coloring. Mix flour and cornstarch and add 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly (you may need a little more or a little less than 2 cups flour so make sure you stir in until it is the right consistency). Knead for a few minutes with flour on your hands.

scole1

thanks a mill..

but silly question cornstarch easy to find???

also is this the one that dries hard you know for making decorations?

chewieodie
    Participant

I assume cornstarch is cornflour? or am i wrong? if so, easily found in Tesco

Taylor5

i would guess cornflour…

I use saltdough, make like the xmas trees the kids made in school….
    2 cups of flour
    1 cup of salt
    1/2 cup of hot water…. enought to make a nice dough

If you making tree etc add a few spoons of green food colour…. i did bake in over about 180 for about 30/40 mins…. or microwave for 1 min at a time for about 5 mins or until hard

CaliGal

I assume cornstarch is cornflour? or am i wrong? if so, easily found in Tesco

Must be an American recipe 😆 cornflour = cornstarch

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried and tested…make regularly and it stays good for ages once in an airtight bag or container. Cream of Tartar can be bought in Tesco own brand, in the baking products isle, beside the baking powder. I use almond essence to give it a nice smell.

2 cups flour
    1 cup salt
    4 teaspoons cream of tartar
    3 tablespoons oil
    2 cups water
    almond essence
    food colouring

Mix all ingredients, then put into pot and heat on a medium/low heat stirring all the time as it thickens. Only heat until thick as overheating will dry it out. Turn out onto very lightly floured board and knead together. Letcool.

best way to make it is in a food processer if you have one..looks like a thick pancake mix when its mixed up. I don’t add the food colour until I put it in the pot to heat, then I can make 2,3 different colours with one batch using separate pots.

SORRY, JUST SAW IT WAS HARD DOUGH YOU WANTED, THIS MAKES SOFT PLAYDOUGH BUT WILL LEAVE UP CASE ANYONE WANTS RECIPE. 🙂

scole1

oh yeah mummy5 it’s handy to know to make the playdough too, when you run out also the fun is in the making too….

hi scole

if you go to ask the expert and scrol down to the bottom.. the last expert is expert playtherapist…she has a TIME TO GET MESSY section with loads of different playdough variations….some are edible and some are not but i have tried most of these in the creche and the kids love them…just ot keep your options open….you should check it out!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.