Home Brew Wine

Home Forums Louth Chat Home Brew Wine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Hi all,

My neighbour brews her own wine & i always like it, so decided to purchase my own kit.

Im delighted that its been delivered, so im going to start making it at the weekend.

Anyway ever made it before?

Any tips for me?

what wine did you make & where did you get it?

Making your own wine is such good value €25 for 30 bottles!!!

Thanks.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its a great thing to make and a wonderful gift to give someone a bottle of wine you actually made. Just be careful about how you do it, home brew stuff can really make your head spin!

My friend used to make her own wine, it was so yummy in flavours like peach & blackcurrant but it was sometimes very strong too, check the instructions clearly about how long you leave it to ferment, if left too long, it can become very high in alcohol.

It’s a really fun hobby, my brother in law does it now and really enjoysit.

Let us know how you get on, enjoy!

Taylor5

My dh and his brother used to make Rose Wine, i still havent tasted a wine as nice, we drank it by the bucket full…. yum yum!

Its a great idea and with the new screw top bottles it would be much easier then back in the day

Good luck and if your looking for tasters im sure you will have plenty on here 😆 😆 😆

MaryE

Just to let you know that my wine is lovely, im very impressed, even if i do say so myself. 😀 😀

Taylor5

Just to let you know that my wine is lovely, im very impressed, even if i do say so myself. 😀 😀

Go on tell the truth,your bag wasnt really robbed… you were that drunk on homebrew you forgot where you left it 😆 😆 😆

MaryE

Lol, haha, I wish !!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.