Home birth

Home Forums National Chat Home birth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MCB

Hi all

Could anyone give me information on how to arrange a home birth? Is it possible to have one in the Navan area?

Yvonne

Sabbi is one for answering this!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Navan is ideal, my homebirth midwife is from just outside Navan.

To get a home birth you need to register with your GP and confirm your pregnancy and then call an independant midwife and arrange to meet and discuss what you want.

You can apply for a grant to cover the full cost – we got a grant of €2,400 from the HSE and this covered all costs for our midwife.

You will have one or two scans and hospital appts and will have bloods done wth your GP but all your other visits will be at home.

I have had two hospital births and two home births and the home births were quicker, less painful, stress freeand were an amazing bonding experience for my husband and me.

Our midwife was Susan Cooney, she is absolutely wonderful and you can get her details from the Homebirth association of Ireland or you can PM me for them.

Hope that helps – best of luck with your decision! If you need any more info let me know, happy to help!

MCB

Yvonne, thanks for your reply.

Sabbi, thats great information. thank you very much. I got Susan’s number from the HSE home birth services site. I have yet to speak to her as she was driving when i rang DOH!

I would love love love to have a home birth, i had a 4th degree tear on last delivery so am not sure if i am chasing a pipe dream to be honest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.