Hikes in women’s car insurance

Home Forums National Chat Hikes in women’s car insurance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

what do ye think about the ruling in EU court that men were being discriminated against because women were getting cheaper car insurance.

Should men really be allowed to get the same prices as women when statistically we are the lower risk category??

And, if they were being discriminated against, shouldn’t their insurance be going DOWN, rather than ours going up??

Very annoying.

Financial Companion
    Participant

They haven’t finalised the outcome yet, I was at a seminar that included it yesterday, it’ll be the end of 2012 before we know the full impact. It’s even more impacting on life and specified illness cover. The point is, it’s a risk business and they assess all kinds of factors like sex, smoker status, age, medical history, occupation etc. so ruling on gender discrimination is ridiculous, it doesn’t make sense in an industry that bases premiums against risk!

If it does get inforced, they will equalise premiums, so the premium for men and women will be balanced at some point in between. For women, this will mean an increase in life premiums but a reduction in specified illness premiums and the reverse for men.

Almae

i just got my renewal for this year was €480 after a phone call down to €354 , full comp, hubby included ,home breakdown , window screen cover etc… happy days.

scole1

almae who is that with….

my insurance has gone up extra 93e… and it seems to be the cheapest quote have been onto a few and they are 500 odd

scole1

almae who is that with….

my insurance has gone up extra 93e… and it seems to be the cheapest quote have been onto a few and they are 500 odd

Almae

insure.ie

scole1

thanks a mill must check that out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.