Hi – New Girl Here

Home Forums Louth Chat Hi – New Girl Here

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kelly39

Hi.

Have just registered with the site. Not too computer literate so hope i am doing everything right.

Am local to Drogheda, and gave up work last year to be full time Mam. Have a 15 month old son and am really just finding my feet to be honest. Only really getting into the mother/toddler groups etc now. Would welcome any advice on some good ones in the town.

Kelly39

thecons

Hi Kelly. I’m new too but I’m a bit past the mother and toddler group stage, mine are 6 & 9. Just take a look around the site, this has been discussed before. Good luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Kelly & TheCons … Welcome to Mumstown!

There is a list of parent & toddler groups in LOUTH LIVE in the top tabs.
    TheCons if you know of fun stuff for older kids, let us know! There are some activities in FAMILY FUN (in the Louth Live TAB).

kelly39

Hi thecons

Thanks so much for replying. I did take a look around the site and have found a toddler group i might try. I would imagine it get’s harder to entertain the kid’s as they get older.

Kelly39

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kelly,

how are you? welcome to Mumstown.. im only new here aswell.. 😀
    i have a 17mth old son and unfortunately went back too work before i got a chance to get too mother toddler groups u should definately try go to some though the ladies on here are so nice and friendly!! 😆

Shel 😀

kelly39

Hi Shel

Thanks for replying. My son is almost 15mts now and a handful he loves the company of other kid’s I am sure your little boy is the same. I think i will try the toddler group on Friday mornings in the Church of Ireland parish hall, do you know anybody else who goes to this?

It’s nice to meet new people, i have been meaning to join this for a while now so am glad to have finally broken the ice.

Maria.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kelly,

havent been to any of them yet.. im thinkin i might take a day off work soon and bring my little J along.. he does love other kids! they are great around eachother arent they! the way they get along is unreal… 😀

i keep meaning to go to them aswell just seem to always have something else to do! lol 🙂

cold enough out today isnt it!!

Shel

kelly39

Hi Shel

Miserable day. My Dad called and took D into town for a couple of hours so have been catching up on some paperwork at home. I do my otherhalf’s bookkeeping so it keeps my mind halfway sane.

I think its more daunting for me than the baba to go to these groups unless you know somebody already going but i guess the hardest part will be walking in. I’m going to give it a go on Friday morning.

My sister in law is great for bringing her little chap to different meetings, she has just had a new baby so won’t be going anywhere for a while.

Does your little boy get to mix with other baba’s whereever he is being looked after when you are working?

newmomma

Hi Kelly39,

I’m fairly new to the site too and am just finding my way around it but have found it to be really helpful. The other girls are really good for replying to any queries.
    I have a 6 month old son and found he was too young for the mother and toddler groups. He loves company so I thought it would be ideal but he had a bottle and fell asleep for most of it. Not very socialable!! I went to the one in Balbriggan and most of the kids were about 18mths to 2 years old so probably be good for your sons age but obviously a long way to travel when theres ones in Drogheda.

I return to work the week after next after my mat leave but would love to be staying at home. He’s at such a cute age now.

Hope you find something

joey_rudd

hi kelly39
    you should try the playgroup in the presbyterian church on palace street
    really nice people there, i go most weeks
    i bring 3 of my 4 children, no idea how i’ll bring all 4 when dd3 is big enough
    never been to the friday one before

kelly39

Thanks so much for the replies.

Joey-Rudd

Didn’t know about the toddler group in Palace street, can you let me know what day’s/times etc.

I live on the Carstown Road so that or the one in Peter Street would be really handy. My aim is to be able to have a whole cup of coffee while he is hopefully occupied playing away with the other kid’s.

Newmomma

It seem’s like yesterday that D was 6mts, time really flies by he is such a little man now. I am sure once you get back to work you will find your routine quickly enough, there is still plenty of time for play especially now coming into the summer. Best of luck settling back in.

scole1

tuesday is the palace street playgroup, across from the carpark enterance to laurence’s centre, down the steps, but buggy’s can be stored upstairs, it’s only 2 euro and there’s tea and coffee and toast and juice for the kiddies, loads of space…..and good chat…

it’s hard starting off and finding where to go but you’ll get the hang of it….

joey_rudd

the playgroup on palace street in on tuesday mornings 10-12 its down the steps if you go knock on the door someone will help will buggys if needed
    might see you there soon 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.