Hi, i’m new from drogheda

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hi, i’m new from drogheda

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    suzieQ

suzieQ,

Hope your little girl gets over her throat infections soon, the poor little thing. I would be shy too but its a great way of meeting new people and getting out of the house.

The one in the Bagel Bar is good. Its on the first Tuesday of every month. You wouldnt be the only newbie there and I m sure one of the girls would offer to meet you before hand so you wouldnt have to go in alone. I dont get there until bout half 11 as I do Jo Jingles with my son that morning and it finishes at 12. Some of the Jo Jingles mams go for coffee to the Bagel Bar every Tuesday at half 11 if you wanted to meet up with us, some of our kids are toddlers but some have younger ones too. PM me if you want to meet up :D

suzieQ

Hi everyone.
    I’m 20 yrs old living in drogheda with my beautiful 9 month old daughter. finding the site fab as i’ve no friends with babies and any info i need i can usually find here!

Maria30

Hi SuzieQ,

Welcome to the site.

I was 19 when I had my eldest son so understand how hard it can be especially when none of your friends have babies or know how demanding motherhood is.

You should try to get to some of the parent and toddler groups in the town.

Talk soon,
    Maria

suzieQ

thanks.
    Believe it or not i’ve thought of going but i’m very shy and tend to avoid anything new!! Also my little girl is getting constant throat infections and has to be kept away from other babies as much as possible so it makes it impossible!!

suzieQ

she has silent reflux which was discovered until she was 7 months so its done its damage to her windpipe unfortunately!
    Shes a great baby though and hardly ever cries! just when shes overtired and by god can she scream! never realised how hard living alone with a baby can be! but its worth it everyday!
    i’m not sure what PM is?

Maria30

The poor little thing sounds like you had a really rough time of it. I was lucky when I had my eldest I still lived at home with my parents so had plenty of help on hand but it was still tough. Babies can definitely make a lot of noise for the size of them but like you said its all worth it.

PM is a private message that you can send to any member. There is a little icon on the right had side of the post.

Feel free to meet up with us on a Tuesday in the Bagel Bar, there is normally about 5 or 6 of us and maybe 10 kids.

suzieQ

I lived at home for the first 7 months but its in the middle of nowhere and i was losing my mind! My mum is a great help but i get very little time alone as my daughter is very clingy!

Thanks, i might go the next time its in it depends on working and how well she is!
    thanks for your help its much appreciated!!!

Maria30

Getting time alone is so tough. I find it near impossible. My youngest was very clingy too, hes not too bad now but he would freak the bean if I left him anywhere even with my hubby. He use to come to the bathroom with me, he was like my shadow 😀

I think they all go through that stage and they are normally worse when they are sick.

Talk soon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.