Hi everyone, I’m moving to Drogheda in July…

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hi everyone, I’m moving to Drogheda in July…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi mums,

I will be moving to Drogheda in July with fiance and our 20 month old daughter. I’m only moving down from Donegal but sometimes I carry on like we’re going to Australia! I know absolutly no one in Drogheda but we’ve visited twice and it seems like a friendly place.

If any of you know of any parent and toddler groups or activites that I could go to with my daugher you would be helping me out a lot!

Looking forward to any responses :|

Yvonne

Hi there,

Good luck with the move!

Mumstown have a parent and toddler group on the first Tuesday of every month in the Bagel Bar in the Laurence Town Centre and also in Dundalk on the first Thursday of the month, again in the Bagel Bar in the Marshes Shopping Centre!

chewieodie

Well hello there, and welcome to Mumstown!

I’m a blow-in myself….. having come here from not quite Australia, but South Africa… 😉 And the first place we headed when we arrived was Donegal… so I’ve spent some time up there, and my family are all living there…. just outside Letterkenny…. 🙂

When you arrive, keep an eye on the site… especially for details of meet-ups etc… like the Bagel Bar. Its a good way to meet people… 🙂

Best of luck with the move, and no doubt we’ll be "meeting you" soon…x

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s a parent and toddler group every Monday & Friday 10 – 12, St Peter’s Church of Ireland Parish Hall, Peters Street in Drogheda

Jedt

There is loads to do around here, there are playgrounds, parent & baby swimming, baby massage, Mumstown meet ups and lots of nice places for walks with baby in buggy.

Drogheda is a great town, loads of nice shops and places to visit and eat out and it is friendly

Let us know when you get here and we’ll make sure to keep an eye for you and get you along to some parent & baby events for a cuppa.

There is a Mumstown Beach Party on Tuesday 3rd July in Bagel Bar in Drogheda. the kids are all invited to come in their swimsuits and there will be beachballs, treats, a play area, a colouring competition and treats for the mammies too.

Bagel Bar is a good spot for a coffee or lunch because they have a play area which is ideal for a 20 month old.

Hope to see you at an event soon. Good luck with the move! 😀

nconnol4

Right, lets get you sorted with good coffee first! Best place is a little treasure called ‘The Brown Hound’ in Bryanstown. Lovely restaurant up from that called ‘The Eastern Seaboard’. Get your child’s name down in a school as well. That’s always a nightmare! Good luck with everything, send me a message if you need to know anything else!

Taylor5

The brown hound muffins are to die for…. Good luck with the move, this site will be your bible for the duration and after your move x

Jedt

Relish is fab too…yummy coffees & cakes and fab sandwiches and a deli too for take home foods. Love it in there….all local fresh food too, delish!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

Good luck with the move!

Mumstown have a parent and toddler group on the first Tuesday of every month in the Bagel Bar in the Laurence Town Centre and also in Dundalk on the first Thursday of the month, again in the Bagel Bar in the Marshes Shopping Centre!

Thanks Yvonne, we won’t be moved down by the next mumstown toddler group meeting in July, but I’m going to try to come down for the day to get to meet some people ahead of the move. Thank you for your reply 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well hello there, and welcome to Mumstown!

I’m a blow-in myself….. having come here from not quite Australia, but South Africa… 😉 And the first place we headed when we arrived was Donegal… so I’ve spent some time up there, and my family are all living there…. just outside Letterkenny…. 🙂

When you arrive, keep an eye on the site… especially for details of meet-ups etc… like the Bagel Bar. Its a good way to meet people… 🙂

Best of luck with the move, and no doubt we’ll be "meeting you" soon…x

Oh I only live around 50 mins from letterkenny. Small world! Thanks for the post. Hopefully will make july meeting, but if not def august 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s a parent and toddler group every Monday & Friday 10 – 12, St Peter’s Church of Ireland Parish Hall, Peters Street in Drogheda

Thanks ina, I was hoping someone could recommend a good playgroup 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is loads to do around here, there are playgrounds, parent & baby swimming, baby massage, Mumstown meet ups and lots of nice places for walks with baby in buggy.

Drogheda is a great town, loads of nice shops and places to visit and eat out and it is friendly

Let us know when you get here and we’ll make sure to keep an eye for you and get you along to some parent & baby events for a cuppa.

There is a Mumstown Beach Party on Tuesday 3rd July in Bagel Bar in Drogheda. the kids are all invited to come in their swimsuits and there will be beachballs, treats, a play area, a colouring competition and treats for the mammies too.

Bagel Bar is a good spot for a coffee or lunch because they have a play area which is ideal for a 20 month old.

Hope to see you at an event soon. Good luck with the move! 😀

Thank you so much for your kind reply and all the info! We won’t be down by july 3rd but I’m going to do my best to come down for the beach party for the day, it sounds like lots of fun. And my daughter can meet some new friends ahead of the move.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right, lets get you sorted with good coffee first! Best place is a little treasure called ‘The Brown Hound’ in Bryanstown. Lovely restaurant up from that called ‘The Eastern Seaboard’. Get your child’s name down in a school as well. That’s always a nightmare! Good luck with everything, send me a message if you need to know anything else!
    Thanks for the lovely message 🙂 I’m a huge coffee lover so that’ll be my first stop! Looking forwad to the move now as everyone on this site have been so lovely and helpful. And thank you for the offer of more advise. I’ll probably take you up on it 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.