Hi Cork Ladies

Home Forums Cork Chat Hi Cork Ladies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi there I live in Drogheda but spend a lot of time in West Cork as my dp family live in Skibbereen.
    Getting wed down in West Cork in September.!!!

Would love some Cork chat :lol:

Hi Happymumblemum,

I’m from Cork originally…living up here now though. Are you the lady who’s getting married in Gougane Barra? We got married there almost two years ago…it’s a spectacular venue for a wedding. It would be great alright to get some Cork chat going….might mention the site to friends of mine the next time I’m home.

Regards,

Razzle Dazzle

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Razzle Dazzle, yes I am gettting married in Gougane!

Where did you have your reception, we are using the littel hotel in Gougane itself.

Going down to Cork for St Patricks break, can’t wait to get back down there. !!!We stay with dp parents in Skibbereen and explore loads every day. Looking forward to exploring the Lee Valley this time as we haven’t really seen much past Gougane- hope to go for a look around Macroom etc.

Any tips for getting wed at Gougane then?!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi girls,
    Am living up here 8 years and love it but definately miss cork alot but drogheda is a really good town isnt it – so much variety of shops, restaurants etc,
    Am from Dunmanway in West Cork and therefore love all the facilities here, not that we are short of pubs at home!
    will be great to get a bit of cork chat – getting married in west cork has got to be the best, the scenery is just amazing , i only notice it now when go home and took it for granted when lived there,
    what hotel is the wedding in -such a choice down there,
    talk soon,
    ann marie – allpets

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Ann Marie, we are having the reception etc in the Gougane Barra hotel just across the water from the church..

West Cork is a really fantastic spot , which I think even most Irish people do not realise exists!! I think when people here the word Cork they think of the city and West Cork is a million miles away from that!! Best keep it that way though…let them keep going to Kerry 😆 😆 😆

We try and get down whenever we can , it is getting easier as the roads keep improving now with all the by passes.
    Last time we did Drogheda to Skibbereen in under 4 and a half hours!

Hi Happymumblemum,

No tips for Gougane really as we travelled back to Cork for the reception and pretty much all my suppliers were based in the city. Maybe the sacristan could help you out, or perhaps the people in the hotel would be able to recommend suppliers.

Razzle Dazzle

newmomma

You lucky girls marrying in Gougane Barra 😀 I’m from Dublin but lived in Kenmare for a while and helped out a friend taking photos of a wedding there. Such a magical place.. I have a postcard of the Church pinned to my notice board for about 8 years now always hoping to one day marry there 🙂 🙂

happymumblemum
    Participant

I took a really nice photo of the church there at night , its over on my website kaymitchellphoto.com

Whenever we are there I go crazy taking photos, gonna be bored of it by the time I get married!!

newmomma

Wow the church looks absolutely amazing! Love your website too

Mamamee

Hi Girls – its my first time reading on this website and I love this topic! I’m from Cork, living here and have big dreams of getting married in Gougan Barra – its heaven on earth. I too lived in Kenmare for a little while newmomma, my son was born there. Its a while since I was back there in Gougane but will def be going soon.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi welcome to the thread!!

I love Kenmare to its lovely, in fact the whole of that area is just beautiful- like another world.

NOt long til my big day at G ougane, hope the weather is good!

newmomma

Hi happymumblemumhave you had your big day yet?

Yes it is like another world down there in West Cork and Kerry. A completely different pace to life.

Its almost 8 years since I lived in Kenmare mamamee. When were you there? Does your son wear the green & gold or the rebel red?? My dp would love to see our ds in a Kerry jersey – he’s had one since he was 3 weeks old for the all-Ireland last year but I keep having to tell him he’s a little dub! 😀

cathmc1

Enjoying reading the thread. Have spent a lot of time in Kenmare myself. My mum is from Kilgarvan, about 7 miles from Kenmare. Mam and Dad bought a field from a local farmer in the 70’s and we had a mobile home on it for hols. It was fab. My mum was from a large family so we had loads of cousins around and got to save hay, save turf in the bog, herd sheep, cattle etc. First crush/kiss at the Riversdale in Kenmare – those were the days.

When Dad retired they left Dublin and built a lovely home in the same field. We get down to see them regularly and my kids love it. Wonder if they will have their first kiss at the Riversdale.

Gougane is fantastic, it is such a romantic setting for the wedding. Your guests will be blown away. It is a real hideaway. I love it. When is the big day or is it already past?

newmomma

Oh the Riversdale – I remember it well!! 😉 Such great nights out in Kenmare and a few in Kilgarvan too!

What a great place to retire to and so good for the kids too. My mum is from Glenflesk about 15 miles or so from Kilgarvan and we had our fair share of days in the bog and saving hay too. Such great memories 🙂

Mamamee

Newmomma, I was in Kenmare this time 4 years ago. Watching the match today my son was shouting for Cork but said a few times during it that he was born in Kerry! Heading back there in a few weeks now for a short visit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.