Help me explain to my friend?

Home Forums National Chat Help me explain to my friend?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was trying to explain to a friend last night about the information coffee mornings that Dave (Financial Companion) our resident expert on here does, but I’m not very good at describing things like that. She thought from how I described it that it was a group of people sitting around discussing their financial situations (and it’s nothing like that!). If anyone who has had one or attended one can help me explain how they run (or FC if you see this :? )

Financial Companion
    Participant

Hi Sue, I nearly missed this post! If you want to pass my number on to your friend, I will gladly explain to her over the phone but quite simply, it’s just me explaining a brief overview of various aspects of personal financial planning that people should be aware of, in order to make sure they have the correct planning in place. I explain the various types of life cover, specified illness cover and income protection and which ones are most suitable for which circumstances. I can cover details of retirement planning, savings and investments, and if relevant, capital acquisition tax and how it can have a big impact on some people (especially co-habiting couples!) if people want info on mortgages, I’ll cover that as well. People can ask questions or if they prefer, can contact me at a later stage if they wish to discuss their own situation further. They don’t cost anything and there is no obligation to avail of any products or services. But so far, people have found them extremely helpful and certainly left with a much better understanding of their own situation. Please PM me if anyone has any questions or wishes to arrange an info coffee morning (which can be morning, afternoon or evening!) Dave.

Jedt

In fairness to Dave, we’ve always had feedback that he is helpful and discreet, so no need for anyone to worry about booking in with him. Its only a chat and information and then, people can make their own minds up what they would like to do with the information & advice.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Thanks Sabbi, you’re very kind 😉

As another school year draws to aclose, it’s always a good time to review what’s in place, especially when many people are still paying way more than they should be for cover.

bubblesue

Thanks Dave, that made more sense than how I explained it! 😆

I gave her your number, she said she’ll get a few of her friends and arrange a time for you to pop around!

Financial Companion
    Participant

That’s great Sue, thanks!

where are the coffee mornings held?

Financial Companion
    Participant

where are the coffee mornings held?

They’re held in anyone’s house vvieconsultant. They’re informal and relaxed, typically 3-5 friends or neighbours go to one of their houses and I pop along and run through some information that people usually find very helpful. If anyone has any questions they can ask or if they want to discuss anything confidential, they can contact me afterwards.

Dave.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.